Darker spots

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone noticed that when they have Vitiligo spots form it's as if the pigment separates and condenses into really dark splotches of skin. The spots on my neck where the pigment seems to have separated almost has a gray and green cast to it. Has anyone else experienced this type of skin discoloration to where it appears to be green? I'm so over this vitiligo crap I have dealt with it all my adult life. Why can't they beef up research and help us find ways to cure this. We see literally hundreds of commercials on TV and magazines and on the internet for all these new drugs that treat and cure psoriasis and eczema. Why can't we for a change see some groundbreaking research or drug development or treatments for vitiligo like we do with other skin disorders. It's just extremely frustrating because Vitiligo covers 90% of my body and I am just sick to death looking at it and explaining to people what it is. My arms and neck are so splotchy they appear to be burned. I have tons of people ask me if it's Burns scars. I even have a few people when I tell them it's an autoimmune disorder they step back away from you like you've got the freakin plague. And I feel so compelled to tell them to stop acting stupid and being a dumbass because I'm not contagious I'm not a leper and I don't have any highly contagious skin disease. Do you ever experience you're standing and talking to someone and you notice they are looking at every part of your body except your face. It just really bothers me at times I guess because I've dealt with this so long I just wanted to be over with

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jeff don’t get discouraged you are not alone I’ve had it since I was four the sun causes me to get dark spots on my arms and face I use Monobenzone prescribed my my dermatologist it’s so expensive like me 200$ for 60 grams which isn’t much to go on but it helps keep me somewhat clear I’ve learned to except being different and stop trying to explain what’s going on with me and just say I’m human and that’s that 
  • Posted

Hello...I am new to this blog and have been with Vitilago for about four years now. It started in my fingertips and progressed very slowly; however, in the last year, it has accelerated to numerous areas of my body. In the last month, I now have it around my eyes which look like I'm tanning with goggles on. This really sucks. Back to your question......I purchased a narrowband UVB light after getting a prescription from my dermatologist. In the past couple weeks I've noticed dark brown areas starting around my eyes. I'm not sure if that is the start of repigmentation or the light has damaged my skin. Either way, this now attracts more attention to my face. I've been taking a regiment of supplements too, but no real success. Now that it's summer time, the darker my unaffected skin gets, the more contrast in the affected areas. I can't win. Don't know how much more I can take.

• Posted

Dark patches or depigmentaion can not go away  until you use  strong-whitening cream  I have vitiligo and  I got depigmentation too. I use monobenzone monosilk and made skin an even color. And of course when I go outside I use sunblock.  
  • Posted

Good question on the research, the best thing you can do is try all the options available to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.