Skip to content
Ad

Vitiligo

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Just been Diagnosed with Vitiligo

Just been told by a Dermatoligist I have Vitiligo, it is on both sides of my body, arms, feet,hands tops of my legs stomach and lower back. Any body got any feedback on how to cope as I so very depressed and I am on holiday in october. Just need lots of advice please xx

Last reply
  • I am undergoing a Vitiligo Cure (honest and no scam)

Dear all,  Please be patient with me. Let me share my story. Because of work. I am posted to a third world country recently. I saw on facebook here that they have a hospital dealing with skin Diseases, so I made a trip to find out.  I have had Vitiligo since I was 13. I was one of the fortunate...

Last reply
  • Vitiligo Triggers

Has anyone noticed any particular triggers for Vitiligo spreading?  I am in my late 20s and recently noticed it appearing on my arms for the first time.  Previously, it was contained to around my groin.  It did grow, but rather slowly.  I also have a rather large spot on the back...

Posted
  • Vitiligo on my 3 month son ?

My son is very healthy boy and he is three months old .Its been almost ten days he started developing white patch's near his eyelids and it has covered the below and above eyelid ..I am worried now whether it is vitiligo ..I consulted my doctor he said it is not vitiligo he is very small to get vitiligo...

Last reply
  • Is this vitiligo?

I've got a white patch forming around my hairline one of which dips onto my forehead - it is hot and sunny and I'm out in it most days but not sure what to think?

Last reply
  • Will my vitiligo ever come back?

Hi all, I'm 18 and I was diagnosed with vitiligo when I was 5 years old. As far as I know the extent of the white patches on my skin hasn't changed since I was diagnosed at 5, yet I was wondering if there was a chance that it could spread again. My vitiligo is very minor, affecting only the...

Last reply
  • Vitiligo- my experience

I'm a 16 year old boy with vitiligo. I've had vitiligo since I was 11. It's been a difficult 5 years but my friends and family have pulled me through. I know vitiligo isn't a life threatening disease, it doesn't affect my health but in this day and age- where society puts a lot...

Last reply
  • Spontaneous repigmentation

I got vitiligo when I was 10. Had pretty good luck using trisorloran in conjunction with laying in the sun. But once I became pregnant I couldn't take treatments and my vitiligo exploded. During a 9 year period of 3 pregnancies and nursing my babies my vitiligo took over. Mid fifties I was finally...

Last reply
  • Vitiligo Treatment (Vitiligo Green)

I've been looking at different treatments for Vitiligo and have come across a herbal product called "Vitiligo Green" which appears to have a credible website and product......they clearly believe they have a product that can positively treat vitiligo.... Does anyone have any knowledge or...

Last reply
  • Vilitigo: hands and feet

Hi,  I was recently diagnosed with vilitigo and was wondering, has anyone heard of an over the counter topical that works in restoring the pigmentation on the hands or other extremities? 

Last reply
  • Vitiligo on brown skin

Hi I am 18years old and have vitilgo for about a year I am a Pakistani so I have brown skin and the vitilgo is very very visible. Any home remixes people have tried that have helped or any tips at all?

Last reply
  • my pigment is returning and im not sure why, maybe new meds im on

about six months ago I began taking gabapentin for nerve damage in my arms and legs, I was on a very low-dose at first but gradually over the last six months am on a extremely high dose now. my pigment began to return about 3 months ago and has really filled in over the last 3 months. mostly on my...

Last reply
  • Narrowband UVB - Genital Areas

Hi, looking perhaps for some guidance/re-assurance regarding the use of the NB UVB phototherapy on the vitiligo in genital areas. I've been self-treating this area with (narrowband uvb hand-held) phototherapy 2/3 times a week for 10-20 seconds exposure (for 7 weeks or so) but have recently...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate question

I've had vitiligo for over 40 years and have lost pigmentation over all my body.  About a year and a half ago, I developed Rheumatoid Arthritis and was put on a weekly dose of Methotrexate.  Two or three weeks ago, I realized my forearms were seemingly repigmenting.  So I am wondering...

Posted
  • Vitiligo going away by itself?

Hello! So I have had vitiligo for about 15 years now and to be honest it never really bothered me due to the fact that it is pretty mild. I have it on my nipples and on my leg. However for the last 2 years I've been noticing that some brown spots forming on my nipples. At first I thought they were...

Last reply
  • Scared

Hi, I have been diagnosed with vitiligo from my GP and I am so scared, the pigment from my lips has gone, my pigment is now disappearing from my fingers and I am seeing new spots daily. It's suddenly just increased and nothing has changed in my life in terms of stress or diet. My work colleges have...

Last reply
  • Vitiligo now brown spots?

Hello I have had vitiligo since I was five. Spots everywhere. A few years ago my whole body turned completely white. In which I was so happy I had an even skin tone. Very fair but not spotty. Finally I wasn't embarrassed about my body. I started doing B12 shots a few months ago and now I am getting...

Last reply
  • Vitiligo

Two months ago,white patches appeared on my eyelids and below my lips. So stressing! I work as a cop and it's sometimes difficult to face the public!

Last reply
  • Last ditch effort

I am a 50 year old male with Vitiligo. My symptoms did not become noticeable until approximately 6 to 8 years ago. It has gotten progressively worse and is now on my head (I shave my head) and neck. I am completely discouraged. If I didn't have a 16 year old son at home I would seriously contemplate...

Last reply
  • Vitiligo and hairloss

Hello. I am 21 and earlier this year was diagnosed with vitiligo. It has continued to spread on my hands and around my hips and more recently at the corners of my mouth. I was wondering if any one has suffered from hairloss with vitiligo? I was given Lamisil at first as the doctor thought it could...

Last reply
  • Dealing with the Questions

Well i am 14 and have only recently been confirmed that I do have vitiligo. I have had my patches for about 2 years now I guess and they do fluxuate in size. But now there are developing patches all over me. I often get asked when I don't wear makeup to cover the patches on my face what they are....

Last reply
  • I think I have vitiglo, but I don't know

Hi I had a question regarding white spots on the face. I woke up one day and found two pale white spots on the left side of my face and on both my cheeks. These were not there the night before. I immediately thought that this could be the beginnings of vitiglo, but I do have a history of eczema and I...

Last reply
  • I had vitiligo as a child it went away of it's own accor...

I had vitiligo as a child it went away of it's own accord when I was 17, but it came back with avengance when i was 21 ,sadly for me its always appeared on my face I have patches on my chin forhead a the left side of my face,I find new patches of late amost every few months they start of small and...

Last reply
  • How to cope on holiday with vitiligo

Hi all, iv been reading some of your vitiligo posts & really didn't realise how many do have it. No one in my family does & they just don't seem to understand how I feel. I am 24 and am very self conscious. I hate that I can't feel comfortable with my body knowing people are looking...

Last reply
  • I'm a 13 year old girl with Vitiligo.

It started on my legs when I was around six or seven. I don't really remeber my reaction. For the longest time, I didn't even really notice. It spread slowly, and my family never thought to get me diagnosed, so I didn't actually find out what it was until recently. It frist really started...

Last reply
  • MY son has vitiligo

Hi, i my son is 3 years old and 3 months ago i notice some white paths on his foot and back, since there i took him to see doctor 4 times and always they said is fungus, as the cream that they gave was not working i went to dermatologist and he said is vitiligo-. He gave a cream to pass (protopic).Im...

Last reply
  • Small white spots on arms legs

Hi For a long time now small white patches have been developing on my body(especially arms and legs). Is this vitiligo or something else? I have not been to a dermatologist. They don't itch or anything just look ugly. Here is a picture- http://i64.tinypic.com/ajpj6e.jpg

Last reply
  • Strangers questions

Does anyone have Vitiligo on their hands starting from the fingertips and gradually travelling toward the wrists?  If so, have strangers ever asked if you got burned or were in a fire??

Last reply
  • psoralea Seeds

Has anyone tried psoralea seed as a cure for vitiligo. I have read articals on it from google and some sware it worked to clear their vitiligo. The seads contain a chemical that along with uv light can produce pigment to cover spots, Its suppose to be perfectly safe to process the seeds into a powder...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.