White spots on legs

Posted , 4 users are following.

its kind of hard to see in the images but for the last few months i keep getting these dry looking mild white spots on my calves. What could be the reason for this? imageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I think they are called Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis. Sounds alarming but they are quite benign. Can be caused by sun and also often occur on patches of skin which have suffered some sort of tiny injury.

When in the sun make sure they are protected with high SPF sun cream [50] . They dont become cancerous but may increase in number. Usually found on the arms and legs.

• Posted

I see no definite issues. I cannot see any major problems, just keep an eye out. Its possible that this issue will get better over time, or it may stay the same. If it gets worse then its time to see someone about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.