Ways to slow the spread

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all. I have a family history of vitiligo and first noticed I have some spots of it a few months ago. I have some on the underside of my wrists, my left leg, the tissue that connects my fingers, and just last week noticed some spots on my chin. I take Heliocare and Gingko biloba once a day. I use the Triamcinolone cream over the affected areas as prescribed by my dermatologist 2x/day 5 days/week. I'll note that I'm also a type 1 diabetic. A few questions:

1. Is using Elidel the other two days a week when not using Triamcinolone helpful? Or is that just a placebo? Can I just use any skin lotion?
  2. Guessing the spots showing up on my chin is aggravated by shaving. I have quit shaving for the time being and will grow out a beard and trim that.
  3. My dermatologist also prescribed me IC minocycline to suppress my immune system. I'm a bit nervous to use that when, among other reasons, the coronavirus is going around and quit taking it once I got an infection in my mouth that required antibiotics.

Any thoughts on the above approach? Anything else I can do or do differently to slow the spread? Appreciate any and all advice.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.