Date is Set

Posted , 16 users are following.

Went to see the surgeon today and the surgery is set for November 7.  So now I can stop freting over getting a date to fretting over the surgery iteself lol!  Two 1/2 weeks is probably good to limit my amount of fretting and compulsive list making.  The surgery will be the posterior approach and its done on an outpatient basis.  A nurse and a Physical Therapist will come the very next day to check on me and then come 3 - 4 times during the week between the two of them.  Thanks to everyone here for their encouraging words!  It does help to know what to expect.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Michelle. I am scheduled for outpatientTHR left side posterior approach on Monday the 24th. I am 58 , and motivated to recover at home.
    • Posted

Nice to hear that someone else is scheduled for outpatient!  cheesygrin  I was beginning to wonder about the approach a little.  Hope all goes well!  Let us all know how you are doing!

• Posted

Yes hope you all do well .. Never heard of outpatient approach here in UK .. Minimum 2 night stay . I could never have gone home as outpatient .. No way . Hope all goes ok for you X
    • Posted

hi erin, 

warm welcome to this wonderful hippies forum ....

good luck today and please come back here to share your experiences with us -

sending you love, light and healing rays - Just know that you are not alone 

big warm hug

renee

P.S. start your own discussion darling, so we all can support you

• Posted

Hi Michelle and Erin. I had posterior approach 11 weeks ago and recovering well. I had my other hip done this way 2 years ago. I think the healing time is longer than anterior. I am in the UK.  All the best to you both. Polly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.