Dating a bipolar

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been dating a guy for 3 months . He did not disclose that he was bipolar but all his lifestyle confirmed it to me . 

So everything was great and planning the holidays and stressing on the points that holidays are sad if alone . 

The next day after a really nice night spent together . I get the text message that everything is too intense . That he had so much fun with me and wants me as a friend caus he values me . So he dumped me 

I really like this guy . We are friends , enjoy eachother big time . We are very very fond of eachother . We have seen eachother everyday from afternoon till late at night . 

I really need advise to see how to respond or not to . 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that.

I have been in your shoes and it's painful, leaves you hopeless.

The easy solution would be forget him but in the end it's your decision, if you are willing to put up with ups and downs, if you think it's worth it then stay.

I'm still fighting and trying to keep a good attitude but it's sad and you feel lonely. Not understanding what's going on.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

Nobody can tell you what to do. You know what's best.

Good luck.

Lorena

• Posted

Dear Lorena 

Thank you for your response . I’m trying to figure out my feelings and will to pursue this matter . 

I haven’t replied to his text when he sent it . Will see if he will send anything back or have regrets . 

Will he ? Or I’m just history . 

Good luck in your battle 

• Posted

luv43141.

This is not a 'chance to see if he cares enough', because i am quite certain that he does.

How did "his lifestyle confirm" that he is bipolar to you ?  I assume that he is because the headline says 'Dating A Bipolar".

You said all his lifestyle confirmed it to you.

Can you explain what you mean, please.

• Posted

Hello there . 

So we have been spending everyday together when I finish work to late at night . 

We have been talking a lot and he told me that sometimes he couldn’t discern reality from fantasy  in awkward situations . 

I didn’t really pick on that assuming it was small talk . 

So going back to his lifestyle : 

He quit his job a year ago . Doesn’t have friends and doesn’t like to go out . 

He was allowing only me and another guy friend . 

He made a big deal out of food where as I can eat anything and then after the breakup I realized that he was always leaving at a certain time . And he told me many times that he could not disturb the pattern of his sleep caus insomnia hits him hard . 

Basically he was home alone or with me and occasionally ( once in 3 months he went with his brother to his uncles funeral ) 

One other thing is when we talked about traveling , he was like I can’t handle jet lag and I’m anxious about planes . I would need one week of adjustements and I wouldn’t want to see anybody . 

Frequently he has headaches and back pain . 

He left me all of a sudden after a night of great sex and a dinner where we were lovey dovey . 

Saying he can’t have intensity in his life right now . And that he wants us to be friends ... 

Awaiting your reply 

• Posted

Hi luv4341.

You have not confirmed bipolar.

Where did you get your information ?

• Posted

I researched but I’m not sure . This is why I need answers and explanations 
  • Posted

I guess we never know what to expect from them.

I thought things were just great between us and now I barely talk yo him.

I leave him alone as much as I can to see if he would make contact, sometimes he does others he acts like I'm a stranger.

You are doing good by not replying his text. This is your chance to see if he cares enough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.