Dating advice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This may be a long shot and may not even be for these kind of forums but I hope that someone can still help me. I'm a 20 year old guy and I've been having serious anxiety issues since I was a young boy an it's hard for me to meet a girl because I freak out at even at the thought of a relationship and it's hard to meet a girl that can understand me and my issues and I find I find it really hard to trust anyone but I think that it would be great if I could find someone I could trust and rely on an make me feel good about myself. And I need advice on how to approach women and trust them and be able to build a relationship. Like I said I'm young and maybe I don't need to find love at such a young age but so many people I know have that kind of relationship with someone or even able to just chat with girls and it feels near impossible for me to do so, how do I build that confidence? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't mean to patronise you..but probably sounds it, but I can only say this from my own experience..like you I was intense, still am, about the whole relatoonsjipvand love thing...and I'm 48._ please believe me theres nothing wrong with you...be you...you may never meet someone ...its not the law...but just enjoy tour life, when you feel positive about yourself, people pock up on that energy ...
    • Posted

Sorry about the mis spelling. Can't find my readers 
    • Posted

It's not easy being a 20 year old virgin though and having to lie about it because you're too ashamed to admit it when all of your friends always talk about is sex and girls. I understand where you come from because I know a lot of older people then me are single and still happy but due to my depression I watch so many romantic movies and I wish I could have something like that even though I know it's just a movie. 
    • Posted

Stop watching them. I know depression is a terrible disease...as your watching the films real life is passing you by...don't want to sound harsh, I can only relate to this because I've been,/still am in that state ...please look around you. Your no worse or better than the next guy. Fight that fxxc off 

• Posted

I'm sorry it just seems like I'm letting the weak side of me take over me and I'm not sure who I am anymore because the young adventurous side of me is lost. 
    • Posted

No, there's no weak or strong sides..that's a definition..you've got to be you...and be comfortable with you....see what I do ...irrelevant of my age at the time...when i think I can't do something I dare myself...the outcome is irrelevant to its how you react to it.  If you look a prxxx then you do but its not the end of the world. Be proud you at least tried. 
  • Posted

I am woman, and I have really not had so much experience with men, but in a time a man stole my heart because he looked a true person, her personality making to feel segure or safe, a day he give a ride and talk many things, I ask him many things of  his life, he seem to be timid, nervious, modest, and gentle man. I loved him for natural personality, but he didn't love  me. after, I have known some gentle men, sweet, conqueror, most gensome , but nobody attracted as the first person who I feel some beatiful feeling for him. he seemed not have so much experience in his life with women, I think so, but he stole my heart. 

not need to be a experienced man for conquer to woman, you need to be yourself althought seen so much stupid the that you think, talk or ask. if you are well yourself , you can be well with others. to be confidence you. Not scare when some woman tell " not " a relationship with you, it isn't a obstacul for continue trying with other women.

• Posted

Most girls are looking to meet men, all it takes is a conversation to start the ball rolling. Like anything, it's the first step that's the hardest, I used to go dancing at clubs, just ask a girl to dance, it's easy to start a conversation. I wasn't a great dancer, but that's not important, it's making the move to just ask for a dance. Forget a possible turn down, no big deal, there are millions of opportunities, Believe in yourself, girls respect self confidence, just takes practice, and conditioning, we all know about that, don't we?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.