Dating with HS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone know if there is a dating site for people with HS? I have a hard time connecting with people when they don't know about my HS already, since mine is a big part of my life...it'd be nice if there was a way to look for partners in a pool of people who can relate.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I also suffer from it so I know what you are going through I don't think I've ever heard of a dating site with people that's suffer from it but it would be a great thing then you wouldn't have to try and explain it to someone but I do think if you meet the right person they will understand and take the time to understand and help you with it it can happen believe me into happened to me good luck 🙂

• Posted

That's one of the first things I longed for when I was diagnosed this week. I can't find any dedicated to HS...

Im looking for a suitable platform that one child build a site or app with. I want just thinking dating... also companionship.

When i flare, I sometimes turn down group events that i fear might involve a lot of walking, or dancing. Id love too be able to explain that Im not up to it without having to explain the entire problem. I think a dating site is definitely something the community needs, though.

Ive Been getting very depressed when thinking of the likelihood of another meaningful relationship and such a place would give me a little bit of hope and joy

• Posted

yea, it would be nice if there was a website where you can meet people with the similar condition. Just know that when someone really loves you, that wont matter. Ive been married 3 years plus 5 yrs of living together with my husband. He loves me very much regardless of this condition. Dont be afraid to open up with other "normal" people too, if they really like you, they will understand, just make sure to be honest with them and be prepare to be accepted or rejected, if you are rejected, its not the end of the world, life keeps going and when you least expect it there will be someone that will accept you just the way you are. good luck.

• Posted

I know that is a major concern for most. Especially if you have them on your inner thigh/groin area. I was really worried about that myself. I explained to my partner what HS is and that it is not contagious, STD, etc. He understands and it is not a problem. You just need to find someone that isnt a douche. You are beautiful regardless of this horrible disease! <3

• Posted

Hi,,I'm a 28 year old woman and  I've suffered from HS  since middle school. And I've been sexually actively since 14 (wrong I know)  but I have a lot of experience,  I have never been turned out because of it, my first partner made an ugly remark about it once, I cried, he never talked about it again and more than 10 yrs later he's still trying to sleep with me again.   Thing is that this does affect my self esteem, I do not have sex on day light or with lights on, I won't let my fiancé give me oral with lights on, and if I have boils I will try to get to out of the relations until I feel better ( few days) my fiancé knows about it since the begin when I had to explain to him why I was avoiding light.. I hope we all always have a supportive person on our side 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.