Dating with RA

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had RA for a little over 6 years now, with symptoms starting over 12 years ago.

As a chronically ill 30 I find it incredibly difficult to date !

As soon as I mention the disease I instantly scare them away ... how do you guys do it ?

( this is more or less addressed to the single people , for all of you lucky souls that have found your twin flames - bless your hearts and union )

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eska.. I've been following people doing the carnivore diet on facebook that are getting their health back and reversing RA. Just thought I'd share that.. don't give up hope of regaining your health, despite what the docs say about diet having no influence on the disease.. They don't know because they're not looking at or studying this phenomenon (no money in it?)

• Posted

Can you help by talking more about the diet to reverse RA or point me to the page.

Thanks

• Posted

Probably sounds like something you don't want to hear but unless your riddled with it and unable to walk etc, showing obvious disabilities then why mention it at the start of your relationship

How do you know that the new relationship will work out and maybe telling them straight off makes them think your RA defines you and it shouldn't, lots of people with much worse disabilities than RA find love

• Posted

RA does define who i am .

the person i was before is long gone, and as much as i dont want to admit it the disease affects my day to day life greatly .

not to mention there are days where i appear far more disabled than others ... so hiding it isnt the best option

plus what am i supposed to answer him when he asks why im unable to walk ? or when im in bed sick from the treatement ? or when he asks about all the meds in my medicine cabinet ?

. i am a firm believer that honesty is the best policy , plus - what does it say about my values and morals if 2 months in i suddenly drop this massive health bomb on my partner ? if i am going to lie / hide that what else an i not being truthful about ?

do you have RA?

• Posted

Yes I have quite aggressive RA plus UC and a couple of other possibly debilitating diseases and I'm on crutches full time, I'm a half full type of person so I just deal with it.

As for having to tell my partner of quite a few years at the beginning about all my ailments I didn't because we fell in love and he excepts me for everything I am and will be and vice versa

Everyone deals with their health issues in different ways and you have to do it your way not mine, thankfully my RA does not define me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.