Daughter,

Posted , 3 users are following.

my daughter has one of the cyst and has been put down  to have an operation to cut out, has anyone had this done and is it straightforward I am worried if it could be anything else wrong. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Being put under is the only option I'll take anymore. The countless catheter and lancing have been excruciatingly painful. I refuse any other way. My daughter also suffers and watching her awake screaming when they used the scalpel was to much to take. 20 yrs of suffering myself, finally I have enough history of them to have the rarely done removal of the entire gland next month. Prayers to your daughter and dealing with future cysts.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your information, this is so new to me as I never heard of it before and I am 75 and have read about a lot of woman troubles,  my daughter is so scared to have this operation of having the gland out she is single and 42 she insists on having it done under local and I not sure if that's good, she has no children but still hopes to have them. I am going to look after her after op so I am gathering information so  as to know what to expect.  Hope all goes well for you and your daughter. It all sounds so painful.  I am scare for her but can't let her see it as I have to remain positive.  Prayers for you both. 

• Posted

So this is the first time I've ever experienced this (I've read many women have theirs return after some time. I was in excruciating pain for about a week and couldn't take it no more so I went to the ER. The doctor gave me lidocaine to numb the area (which was extremely painful), he then made an incision, drained it and then placed a word catheter. Once the lidocaine wore off I was in a world of pain! I mean high fever could not wipe myself-I mean it was HORRIBLE for about 2 days and then today the catheter fell out. They did mention that it could fall out and to by no means replace it. Funny though because since it fell out today I haven't had a fever my temp went back to normal and the pain is almost nonexistent. I'm just afraid of this returning. So many people I've read have had it return. I have no idea if any of this will help you at all but I wanted to share my experience and I never even knew anything like this existed!

• Posted

Hi so sorry to hear how you have been suffering.  I am 75 and have never heard of this before or read about it. I am worried about what my daughter has got to go through with this operation ..having the gland out, she wont talk about it much and I need to know what to expect when I am looking after her after her op.  So any information is good. I know everybody Is different,  be glad when it's all over. Hope all goes well for you and it never returns take care . 

• Posted

Thank you! This is definitely new territory. I pray, so I will send up prayers for your daughter and everyone else going through this because it is not fun! 😢 I hope everything goes well for your daughter-and way to be an awesome Mom being there for her! I know if my Mom was still alive I would be curled up in her lap-even being almost 30. ??

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, I am sad your mum not here o give yo a cuddle . We never ok to need our Mums god bless .
    • Posted

sorry meant to say never to old to need our Mums.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.