Daughter complaining of heart issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a 16 year old daughter. She has recently asked me if she could have a heart issue and I asked her why, she said that she feels a flutter every once in a while or something that feels like something rushing through her heart. I thought that she was out of shape, (she is 5'5" and 134 pounds) but yesterday I heard her telling her sister that when she goes up of down stairs she could hear her heart beat and it had skipped a beat. Her sister didn't believe her and had her run in place and then held her hand to my 16 year old daughters chest and then gasped and laughed and said "I thought you were lying!" I don't want to ask my daughter about it to worry her. Is that normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey

I'm sorry I'm not a medical professional and what I'm going to say wont be as useful as an adult but....

I'm also a 16 year old girl and get this too

I've had it occasionally for years but it mostly increased when I got extremely anxious

does she have anxiety ? is she usually stressed

but recently I have gained alot of weight, my diet has gone to s**t and I hardly move (since april 2019) due to mental issues, and have seen these heart problems increase (flutters/palpitations/skipping)

does she move around alot and has she gained any weight also how is her diet does she drink enough water

(really think about it)

that's just my experience with it I'm sorry

but yes in conclusion

.I've always been slightly over weight and had it

.increased with anxiety

.got worse when I stopped being so healthy

.also mental problems cause alot of physical symptoms

maybe this wont be useful but maybe it will 😕

sorry

ps. I might maybe have hormonal problems and that can cause palpitation so think if she has any other symptoms that suggest hormone problems such as missed or delayed period or abdominal pain

AGain sorry if it wasnt useful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.