Daughter diagnosed with Mono Aug 6th, has she relapsed???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Well my daughter (age 19) and I were diagnosed with Mono Aug 6th and she had a full recovery less than 2 weeks later.

Yesterday, she started with a rash on her back, arms and legs that was very itchy and now it is on her neck.

Anyone experience this??? 

There are very small in size and red with white bumps (fluid?) in the center.

Thank You,

Leslie

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had a rash across my chest in the first month, and have read they are quite common. Relapses for this virus are also quite common, I'm 8 months in and have had several main symptoms that have been dished out to me. They tend to last around 2 months and then I move onto another main condition.

• Posted

I apologize, but I didn't see your response until now.

Did your rash come and go? My daughter had it when she was diagnosed but the doc said that it was a combo of the Mono and taking an antibiotic and then 2 months later the rash or possibly a psoriasis has appeared.

She was doing great the Mono really only affected her for about 1-2 weeks and she was up and back to school and work. Oh, to be nineteen! 😃

I hope that you're on the mend!!! I felt like I was coming down with something yesterday (gi upset) then a sore throat today and my first thought was, DARN MONO, when maybe I'm just getting what is going around this time of year. I refuse to let mono have anymore control over my life. 10 weeks was more than enough!!!

• Posted

Hi Leslie,

Really sorry to hear that your daughter has developed these symptoms in the last few days. I do hope that it is only a minor setback and that things can settle down soon. It certainly may well be part of the mono and her body just going through the cycle of dealing with this and recovery, I know she had been doing better but certainly sometimes it can be up and down in these first few months of recovery. Always worth checking in with the doc of course and hope they can offer some reassurance and understanding. 

Hoping you are coping Leslie, it must be so hard when you have been unwell and your daughter has been too. I hope there are other good family members / friends who can help and support you both at this time and still absolutely believing from everything I know about this virus that it's a matter of time and you are both going to be fully well again (I know it doesn't always help much when going through suffering each day though right now). Hang in there Leslie, thinking of you both.

Craig

• Posted

I apologize, but I didn't see your response until now.

Thank You for your kind works. Yes, we're are all going to be just fine. There are so many other people out there with truly life threatening diseases that I cant spend another moment feeling bad because I had Mono. Yes, it was awful but we are all strong people and need to put one foot in front of the other and move on with our lives!!!

I remember your advice about high doses of vitamin C as well as B Vitamins and I think that after doing so, I turned the corner ad started to feel much better. Thank You for that Craig! I also think that 5000Units of vitamin D daily made a difference.

And I also take Reservatrol daily.

Take good care of yourself! Sending good thoughts from across the Pond!

• Posted

Oh nothing at all to be sorry for Leslie, there are so many messages flying back and forth it's not easy to keep with every message on the forum, it's so active which is a good thing with everyone helping each other.

That is really good to hear you have been feeling a good bit better - I do hope so much that this improvement continues. Remember I'm no doctor or expert with vitamins or anything, just really from reading myself what's good for you and my own experience of what's helped me too. Sometimes it's just about finding something that works with and helps you and really hope that these are doing that! Vitamin D so important especially in the darker nights and winter if you live in the northern hemisphere and heading into winter.

Sending best wishes to you and your daughter Leslie and remember even in the times feeling a bit better, still don't overdo things or do too much too soon - this virus can sometimes thrive and try to bite back if we do this in the early stages of recovery, but absolutely believing in better times ahead for you and your daughter!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.