Daughter needs mental health help

Posted , 2 users are following.

my daughter wants to speak to her gp about getting a referral to speak to someone concerning her mental health. Unfortunately i agree with her, but selfishly worry im not going to be able to help her due to my depression. I dont trust my judgement about advice i give to her at the minute and have a horrible feeling im just going to make her worse. Granted it does give me encouragement to get myself sorted quicker, but its what could happen in the mean time i worry about

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Samantha 🙂

my mother is 70 I am 40 we both have depression.

over the years my mum has been the BEST support for me, but I do know I needed to talk to someone imparshal.

you know how this illness feels surly you can help the best you can.

keep yourself as well as you can get her refered as she wants, it’s best to try to get help as soon as you can for her.

you sound like a great mum even thinking like this. It’s not your fault you suffer too.

I am not a mother I was just trying to tell you from a daughters point of view. It’s good she’s open to getting help isn’t it? think of that as a plus.

i am sure you will be able to help her whilst she is waiting.

My mum has been my rock and we understand each other having this awful illness.

i hope you and your Daughter get on okay.

Take care

vicky🌈

• Posted

Thank you Vicky, your words have gave me a little bit of reassurance in myself (which I guess I really needed when I wrote the post). I wish you and your mother all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.