Daughter Schizophrenic

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi My daughter has been diagnosed with paranoid schophrenia and has given up all meds and treatment about 4 months ago. I tried everything to get her to a doc or hospital but she refuses. I know about the mental health act in south Africa....any advise for me?????

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

For their number ask go to doc or Google the number by putting in your local councils name and duty social worker.

Good luck x

• Posted

What is the mental health act in South Africa? How long was your daughter on medication? I am paranoid schizophrenic and have come off my medication and feel a lot better for it.
    • Posted

If you refuse treatment. the police have you committed  to a provincial hospital. My daughter has been on meds..off and on for about 18months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.