Davey

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning all

I done my pip test last thursday in edinburgh,I found it reasonable maybe a bit long but its over.So question is there a set time for a answer?.

I am in the process of early retirement through ill health from my work. Working for the same company for 40 years and not ever needing help from the government,I was really worried when I received a letter from my company about D.u.p. pip.etc. forms allowances.

Can anyone advise me please as to what and cant claim foe?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

When you say you "did the PIP test" do you mean you had a face 2 face assessment? If so then there's no time frame for decisions i'm afraid. It totally depends on the backlog in your area. You can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the report, this will give you some idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with that report.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? Hopefully you did.

As for advice on what you can claim, i would have no idea based on the info you gave. More info is needed to be able to help. When are you planning to retire and will you have a ill health pension? Do you have a partner or live alone and are you currently on the sick and claiming SSP?

• Posted

Hi

It was a face to face

Had full list of ailments from both my company and work doctors

Hoping to retire in april

Live with my wife

Im on sick and start claiming ssp from november 1st.

• Posted

You would claim SSP for 28 weeks and won't be able to claim ESA until that runs out. You can put in a claim about 4 weeks before it's due to run out but you'll need a form SSP1 from your employer, you'll also need a fit note from your GP for the ESA claim. It will be Contribution Based ESA and paid for 365 days unless you're placed in the Support Group, where it's payable for as long as you remain in the group. If your getting an Ill health pension then this will affect the amount of ESA you're able to claim.

As you've only just started claiming SSP, you have a while yet to start thinking about the ESA. Good luck with your PIP claim and don't forget to ring DWP to ask for a copy of that assessment report.

• Posted

Does your wife work and do you rent or own your house?
    • Posted

Yes she works 37 hrs

House is ours...no mortgage

Its really hard for me after working 40 years continued

then getting hit with all these forms.meetings

• Posted

As your wife works once you apply for ESA unless you're placed in the Support Group then your money will end after 365 days because you won't be entitled to Income Related. The benefit system is extremely complicated. At the moment SSP and PIP is all you can claim. If your PIP claim is successful then this isn't means tested and wife working won't affect it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.