David

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been receiving EESA payment for several weeks and have asked to attend a interview in front of a panel.i have asked citizens advice to act as my represetative.My query is how awkward is this interview and do i need to say anything there.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

I'm sorry but i don't know what you mean by an interview in front of a panel? Do you mean a face to face assessment? EESA is know as ESA. People attend assessments for these and this then determines whether or not you're put into one of the 2 groups.

Are you in one of the groups or still on assessment rate of £73.10 per week? I'll be able to help you further with more info.

• Posted

Hi sorry yes youre right .

I get the 73 pounds per week.

As i said citizens advice are my representatives.

• Posted

Are you sure CAB are attending the assessment with you? because they don't attend assessments. They very rarely attend Tribunals now because they don't have the funding to be able to do this anymore. If you have someone else to go with you then i'd advice this.

The assessment isn't a panel of people. It's one person doing the assessment. You'll be asked questions based on your ability to do ANY type of work because ESA is about the work you can do and not what you can't do.

Answer those questions with as much detail as possible. You'll be watched from the minute you arrive, to the minute you leave. I'm assuming you sent in evidence to support your claim with the ESA5 form? If not then take it with you to the assessment and hopefully they'll accept it off you. Very often they won't accept it on the day, so bear that in mind too.

A few days after the assessment you can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be, as mostly they go with that report. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.