Day 1 and beyond of citalopram

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have just started taking citalopram. 10mg for one week then 20mg after a week. I thought I might keep track of how it was making me feel each day, side effects etc. It has taken me years to get the courage to start taking medication, and lots of reading on the internet. I google everything. I would have loved to have found someone's account of their day by day experience on taking this. I may have started taking it sooner if I had. So....

Day One

Took 10mg of citalopram in the morning. A few minutes later had a massive panic attack thinking "what have I done!" Imagined the worst case scenario and convinced myself it was happening. Eventually calmed down. And... nothing. No side effects yet. Feel the same. Just my anxiety playing up, not the pill.

So I have survived, I will be back tomorrow to let you know how my first night went and day two of taking the medication.

Sarah

2 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

After lots of research online it seems that the different brands definitely make a difference as to your mood. I'm currently on Bristol which is definitely making me more anxious but thankfully not as sleepy! Going to check with pharmacist whether they have another brand....would be interesting to hear which ones you're all on....

• Posted

I'm about to start my first day... I was told to take it at night... I have a very high tolerance and am switching from Zoloft to this with no buffer... I'll keep you posted, but definitely curious about how others react to this drug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.