Day 1 of 75mg of sertaline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well after being on 50 mgs for 10 weeks, the doc got mr to up my meds to 75. I took my first 75 last night and not sure how I feel. I am so scared of having the side effects again and I'm just sitting here waiting for them to come. Luckily I work from home and don't start until later today so going to try take it easy.

Has anyone got a good experience of upping sertaline please as I could really do with some motivation. I feel ok but it's as though the anxiety is just sitting at bay waiting to jump out.

Thanks all and hope those on this same journey are starting to feel good.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jay

If you churn the body will have problems getting to sleep, if you cannot sleep get up and site for a time, have a warm milk and honey.

Sometimes before bed I have a Scots Treat a dram of whisky and a 500gm of strong beer or ale.

Never go to bed on an argument, always settle a dispute an hour before bedtime

If you use Relaxation Techniques perform them about one hour before sleep.

When I am on here at night I closd down the computer and watch the tv for the last 90mins and also look at picture books of our travels before bed

With depression and anxiety, do anything to divert your thoughts, the choice is yours the above are suggestions

BOB

• Posted

Thankyou Bob. Always great advice. Luckily I don't have many disputes with hubby and overall he is relatively understanding.

With regards sleep.. I do tend to sleep ok now which is a bonus.

I guess just looking to hear others experiences on upping meds

Thankyou

• Posted

Hi Jay, I wish you the best. I've been on 100 mg for 2 years now but have had the anxiety creep back in and and mentally preparing to up my dose to 125 and like you am scared of the side effects. Best thing is though now we know what to expect and can mentally prepare for it. If you need support just flick me a message if you need to talk through anything to keep your mind occupied.

best Calab

• Posted

Hi Caleb. Auch sorry to hear it's crep back again. It's such a terrible thing.. you are right at least we know what to expect. But I keep reminding myself what my doc said yesterday when I went to see her. " The fact you are having good days and good moments is a huge plus, now we want to get more of these good days and moments" So I guess we have to just have faith in sertaline and let it do its job.

I hate taking any meds and still have moments... alot of them where I feel sertaline is controlling me and it only takes that thought to set of anxiety..

At least we have others here to support us as we all understand this little demon. 😆

• Posted

Hi Jay, I'm now on week seven, the first three weeks I was on 50mg then moved up to 100mg, I did get some of the start up side effects, but not as bad, the usual, slightly increased anxiety, tummy trouble and didn't sleep for a couple of nights, but nearly four weeks into 100mg, it's all good, no increased anxiety, tummy back to normal, and sleeping better, so I didn't feel it was as bad as when I first started taking it, so don't worry too much, you'll be fine.

• Posted

That's great to hear. I feel ok today but I can feel the anxiety just sitting at bay.. if that makes sense. Can't be bothered doing much so I decide to snuggle on the couch and watch some tv which I really enjoyed.

I'm usually really active sp listening to my body for a change and resting

Thanks for replying and good luck with yours

• Posted

Day 3 on 75 mgs. Haven't had any side effects as yet so hoping I don't.

Feel ok today but the anxiety is still just sitting ay bay.

My daughter is in a tennis final today and I need to drive there which is making me nervous. I don't get how I am so nervous driving.. thinking I'm going to freak out. I panic when I have to stop at traffic lights or if there is no where I can turn if I do panic... what a nightmare being trapped in this anxiety circle

Hope you aRe all doing well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.