Day 1 on Sertraline, should I feel this terrible?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took my first 50mg dose of  this morning and I feel shockingly bad. I've experienced pretty much all of the 'possible' side effects; dizziness, nauseousness, racing heart, diarrhoea etc. I almost crashed my bike when I went out to get some fresh air earlier. The worst part is that dark thoughts are even more persistent. How long before things get better? I hate feeling like this. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gareth

I had to come off of sertraline after two weeks as it reacted badly with another medication I was on. During those two weeks I felt terrible but it had started to ease off by time I had to stop it.

I'd mention it to your doctor to be on the safe side but I'd imagine it's a pretty standard introduction to it and should get better as the week goes on.

Good luck

• Posted

It could take up to 4-6 weeks for side effects to go away but if it gets worse you should see your doctor 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.