Day 10 Cold Turkey effexor xr. When will these symptoms stop?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I stopped taking Effexor Xr cold turkey 10 days ago.  

The withdrawals were just as everyone else has stated in other discussions, terrible!  I could not eat anything until day 6. My appetite is  slowly coming back.

Some of my main concerns now are how tired I am!!  My lord I have never been so tired.  I do not want to leave the couch. The brain zaps are still here which are not as bad as before, they are more of a vertigo experience for me now. My emotions are on high alert. One minute I have this sudden urge to punch my husband (I never would)... The next minute I'm crying my eyes out. And then there is my memory.. One if the main reasons I wanted off this drug. I feel my memory is getting worse now. 

Can anyone who has gone through this same experience give me an outlook on how long I can expect to experience these above listed things sad?  

I was on effexor xr 150mg for 1 year. 

I need my energy back. I need me back. I'm feeling hopeless. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi ashley. 

I feel for you i came off a AD 10 years ago i know how your feeling, if you really want to do this hang in there..take cold showers ..drink lots of water ..try to shut your self away and listen to some mediation music and use lavender in your bath may help ..im coming of mirtz at the min 4 day few vivid dreams at the moment..hang in there ..goodluck 

• Posted

Oh I'm definitely trying. Even after day 10 I have people telling me I'm crazy and need to get back on and taper off or grain off. I'm on day 10 and through the worst. No way am I going through that again. I will cope day by day and pray this gets better. 

Good luck to you as well. Staying strong is all we have!

• Posted

Ashley, I have tried countless number of SSRI anti-depressants and none..and I mean none of them worked. I am taking valium that is similar to zanax and kilonopin and they work just about the same. Now and I can't tell you how much better I feel. Though doctors don't want to prescribe that kind of benzo's, try to talk him/her into trying them. They are addictive but I rather be addicted than go through all what I've been through with the others.Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Ashley

I am so with you in this hell.

I deicded to cold turkey citalopram as I was without them over the bank holiday weekend.The first week I felt only physical symptoms so was able to deal with hot flushes, weired wooshing in my head and mad dreams. Day 9 which was yesterday was hell . I had horrendous nausea- desperate to throw up but unable, sickening wooshing in my head, crying, anger and extreme fatigue. I thought it would get better not worse! I am feeling desperate. You are NOT alone Ashley. I am also determined not to go back - howver I do feel very scared. I wish like you I knew how long this will take. Hang in there- we ARE brave!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.