Day 10 on these first time with anti depressants

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi just reading posts on here, my experience seems to be a more positive one, within a few days of taking these drugs my head became clearer than it had in years I discovered I'd been exhausting my self being over emotional and over anxious about silly little things, I'd been this way for so long I'd forgotten what it was like to be normal! This week being week two I've had uncontrollable bouts of yawning feeling tired and a lot of tension and aching in my jaw, but I'm way better than I was not overthinking or anxious also have had a banging headache for two days and not as motivated as week 1 so I'm just wondering what will happen next? If anyone else has reacted like this? Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

It normally takes up to 3 months to get into your system properly. There will be a fair bit of tiredness and possibly sickly feeling but just listen to your body.

Good luck

• Posted

I read this but didn't get round to logging on to reply but thanks I was nervous as I've never had these before never believed in them and thought I could sort myself out im now on 21 days and usually life flies by to quickly but it's seeming like forever, I had anxiety tension in my jaw, headache and tiredness but she he last week I've been so tired feel like I could sleep for a week if it wasn't for the kids I probably would but on the plus side I'm not beating myself up and a good day is like the best day in a long time I'd forgotten what it was like to really enjoy myself instead of going through the motions I'm not getting weighed down when things go bad like I used to so I'm living in hope that these may actually get me back to the girl I used to be over 10 years ago x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.