Day 11 of taki g 10mg of Citalopram and feel much better

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've suffered anxiety and panic attacks for the past 3 months and now started 10mg of Citalopram which the first 5 days where awful, sweats, worse panic and anxiety, no appetite and not much sleep but the 6th day onwards it passed and from not being able to go out of the house for a week I have been i to the busy town shopping and out and about and it's given me lots more confidence. Anyone just starting on Citalopram please stick with it, it is well worth it

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also feel very nauseous and feel like I'm going to drop dead! I'm so so frightened xx

• Posted

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Claire maybe you should go back to your doctor but I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon there is light and the end of the tunnel just remember that

• Posted

Are you planning on staying on 10mg? I have somewhat mild anxiety. Anxiety symptoms in general i can deal with, but i was worried about panic attacks while in school and ive only had two bad ones in the past 2 years. Anyway, 20mg has worked but in my own belief i want to go to 10mg. I know people who went down to 10mg from 20 and they felt even better.
    • Posted

Hi Kayleigh yes I've been on 10mg before and that was enough for me but in a few more weeks if I need to go to 20 I will but hopefully not. Stick in there it will get better

• Posted

You sound more positive good on you and you will get through this I did when I thought I wouldn't

• Posted

Good to know! Although the 20mg worked for panic and anxiety attacks.. i find myself jittery and everything.. i dont like it. Like i can tell its too much. Be happy when wednesday comessmile

• Posted

I just believe 20mg is too strong of a dose is all
    • Posted

Hi guys,

When I was on the first time, I went up to 20 and it was too strong I found 15 good.

Currently on 10mg. I am seeing a hypnotherapist tomorrow looking forward to it.p

• Posted

Hiya! I'm starting this medication tmorrow, and I suffer with derealsation and panic disorder, does this med cause you any derealisation at all or make it worse?

• Posted

Hi rhirhi

I started on 10mg straight away and I am on day 8 and the first 5 days are not good. But you may not get any side effects. However I didn't have anixety until I started this drug. You need to let yourself know it is the drug

This forum has helped me know that everyone experiences the same issues.

Renee

• Posted

Hi Rhiri like 2Taylren42 I too had worse anxiety etc for 5 days, I've had depersonalisation years ago with anxiety but didn't have it with Citalopram but if it was to make it worse it's just because of the medication it does settle down and I'm really glad I started them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.