Day 12 on 30MG of Mirtz - hell

Posted , 2 users are following.

Basically been on 150mg of Venlafaxine for over a year worked well but recently stopped working and the increase didnt work either, So Dr decided to add Mirtazapine firstly 15mg which worked a little but my Anxiety was still there so decided to up my dose to 30mg.

Im on day 12 and feel like absolute hell Severely depressed and Nervousness/Anxous the last 2 - 3 days spoke to the Dr on Friday he said its the side effects, same as NHS Mental Health Wales. 32 Year old Male i feel embarrased/ashamed crying on the phone.

Any feedback will be helpful.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

• Edited

hi mate , i was on fluoxetine and they added mirtazipine to help with the side effects from losing weight and sleep. for me the first couple of weeks was good put on weight and slept but was always agitated and noticed my heart rate seemed faster. come the 4th week my anxiety was getting worse so they said take 30 but got worse more agitation and even more anxiety. i just stopped it i new it wasnt helping me it should be the other way round worse at the start then it gets better.

since looking into it im glad ive come off it

• Posted

Yeah thanks for the reply, Im hoping it works for me i was bad on fluoxetine years ago when i first but then after 4 weeks i was fine for 3 years straight, then got worse and worse anxiety started switching over, i hope mirtz works i love the sleeping aspect of it cause i had anxiety insomnia before it helps that for sure.

• Posted

my wife was on it 6 years and hasnt slept more than 2 hours at a time in 3 months. it messes up the histamine receptor in some people. theres lots of other good medication out there. i see one study saying the reason it helps with depression and anxiety is because its given people the sleep back which helps that aspect. not trying to put you off

• Posted

but theres not many that work well with venlafaxine(i was told) but like I said can't knock the drug its helped me sleep good hours deep sleep before I was getting hardly any at all.

• Posted

hi mate , i would of thought the anxiety would of calmed down by now with mirtazipine.

im on day 10 escitalopram

• Posted

Im on Day 18 so nearly 3 weeks i feel horrible, increased anxiety when i wake up nerves are high nearly all of the time feel agitated depression is low i hate it. I think next week ill ring Dr and see what he suggests but i know what he will say "give it time" or "ride it out".

• Posted

honestly mate i was like that and the longer it went on it got worse even panic attacks which i didnt have for the first 3 weeks and the agitation was worse in the morning but it was to much. i called 111 and the gp said to me alot of people get that side effect and should go away in the first two weeks as mine got worse he said to me to come of as soon as i can. if you look up on here on angry posts you will see how many have the agitation.

Also the higher you go the more activating it is

• Posted

what did you do? I feel like giving up dropping down to 15mg or doing something can't get hold of my Dr till Wednesday. ugh!

• Edited

i tapered for one week by missing a day on a day for a week then stopped as o was only on it 6 weeks. maybe go down and see if it calms down mate as the agitation with anxiety isnt nice

• Posted

yeah you cant keep going like that. how long have you been on them in total because they can give some withdrawals for alot of people. i was fine

• Posted

Well in total about 5 weeks I started on 15mg at first, I'm stuck now because I been on the Venlafaxine I don't think I can add lexapro because of Serotonin Syndrome and it will take ages to come off the Venlafaxine.

• Posted

was it doing it at 15 mg

the thing is you cant carry on like that there are other combinations

• Posted

I cant remenber now my brains so foggy I think I was still getting anxiety at 15mg thats why when I rang Dr he said increase it to 30mg

• Posted

if i was you i would go dow to 15 mg a few days and see if it eases then you will know its not agreeing with you. the nights i missed out i felt less anxious obviously when i stopped i got anxious because body adjusting. im glad im off it the more i looked into it the more bad i see

• Posted

Talking to you now and your similar experience I think your bang on I will ring 111 tomorrow ask for suggestions tell them I just can't cope on 30mg anymore.

• Posted

I think at this point I'd rather deal with the anxiety than deal with the extreme nervous anxiousness I'm at now. Unless by some miracle I wake up tomorrow completely clear.

• Edited

thats how i felt i had enough it. have you had you dose tonight

• Edited

they gave me some benzo to help with the agitation and to help with coming of quick so atleast i had some relief

• Posted

yeah already had my dose tonight ill get a plan going tomorrow ill drop down to 15mg until I can get hold of my Dr on Wednesday.

• Posted

Couldnt get hold of out of hours i was on hold for 4 hours just to get through to the call handlers! then someone rang me back and said a Dr would ring well i fell asleep at 2am 14 hours later and they rang at 10am when i was asleep! ridiculous, but i dropped back down to 15mg last night and ill try and hold for the Dr tomorrow. Crazy NHS is so messed up feel sorry for the workers.

• Edited

i had the same ran out of medication and nearly a day to get back to me and i missed the call.

i spoke to a nurse today and she gets told it alot with mirtazipine. I hope it calms down with just going down mate and dont let the doctor tell you its normal because it isnt

• Posted

hi mate any change from going down yet probably a bit early

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.