Day 13 and now husband has a rash

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all.  I have been battling PR for 13 days now and have been having a terrible time (like most of us!).  I am one of the lucky ones that has been experiencing severe itching and burning with no relief.  Today my husband called me in a panic because he woke up with a similar looking rash that is itchy on his forearm.  I was under the notion that PR was not contageous.  Has anyone had experience with this?  I haven't seen him today yet and haven't gotten a look at the rash myself or looked the rest of him over, but now I am in a panic.  Any info would be great.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh god this has freaked me out! Ive also been told its not contagious, my doc just told me to be careful around my mum as shes having cancer treatment and not to share towels etc. Let me know if you think its the same thing..my bf isnt showing any signs of having it from me!

Mine is doing my head in now..thought i was getting on top of it and my herald patch has gone but the last two days my rash has doubled and gone all over my legs..im just thankful its winter and i get to cover up! Im doing my own kind of experiment with Aciclovir tablets..i was prescribed 800mg tabs incorrectly by my doc a couple of months ago and never used them...well know is time as ive read that they have helped PR clear quicker in a test they did..so im giving it a whirl because im desperate!! X

• Posted

I will definitely let you know what comes of it. I'm so worried now. I will truly feel awful if he gets this terrible virus. We have been pretty careful with towels etc but I guess we'll see. My dr gave me Prednisone steroids and I've been taking them for 4 days now. Tomorrow is my last day & they haven't made a huge difference. Maybe makes it a little more manageable during the day. In also going for my 2nd accupuncture treatment tonight which definitely helped a lot the 1st time.
    • Posted

Ive been back the docs this morning and its still puzzling them so im now on fluconazole tablets for the next 7 days and have to go back then for a review..so annoying because one doc says its defo one thing and now this doctor isnt sure! Ill let you know how these tablets go!x
  • Posted

Just a quick update (Merry Christmas! Ha) the tabs i was given on tuesday seem to be having an affect (fluconazole) the larger patches have faded and dried out and gone flat and after getting a new patch on my neck on thursday its already dissapeared..also ive not used any cream on them, i still have lots of little blistery ones but i think they will eventually go...its either the tabs or the fact ive had two days off work that have helped lol (trying to convince ppl im allergic to work ha) hopefully im starting to see the back of this!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.