Day 13 fluoxetine

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I'm new here and just wanted some guidance. I've been on fluoxetine now for 13 days and am so fed up of the side effects.

Every morning I feel sick, I have the runs, I am jittery and not sleeping - how long does this go in for. I am going back to docs next week for review but am frightened that she will up the dose as I've read so many horrible stories about that. I feel that if I could sleep I might be able to get through this. I am so tired or always thinking of how poorly I am !

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was on fluoxetine 10 mg for 19 days. and was on buspar 15mg for 11 days prior to that. I have never been on any anitdepressants. I'm 32 years old. I saw 3 doctors and they all diagnosed me with panic/anxiety disorder. Ive had lots of bloodwork done and EKG. I had every side effect imaginable being on antidepressants. I lost 10lbs in 3 weeks, which was also attributed from the extreme anxiety. Severe nausea, diarrhea for weeks, increased anxiety, chest pains etc. My doctor had be stop the fluoxetne cold turkey. Ive been off for 20 days now, and I feel much better. I do take ativan .5mg as needed. And i'm also seeing a therapist. I just could not handle the side effects. Prayers for everyone here! I've never dealt with this before and it is just horrible.

• Posted

Day 22 and feel like vice like grip on my head - anyone else with this feeling out there ?
    • Posted

Yes I had the same but it went after my 4th week. Now on week 6 and most of side effects have gone and I feel like myself again
    • Posted

Thank you for giving me hope - sometimes think I'm never going to get there. One good day and a couple bad etc. I am sticking with it tho

• Posted

Woke up this morning with no "pressure" head and not feeling sick. What a fantastic feeling - let's hope this is the start of better times.

• Posted

I still have some mild head pressure. Yesterday was worst than today. I noticed that it gets more intense whenever I go into a building (store, church, office), but not as much at home. Did you experience the same? I'll be completing 4 weeks tomorrow. I hope to be feeling better soon. Great to know that you are improving!

• Posted

I normally get the head on a morning but today I can't seem to shake it off and it's making me feel lightheaded although I didn't sleep well last night so that could have something to do with it. It's so unfair one good day and then back to feeling awful again!

• Posted

I know it's really hard. But power through. It will get better. I haven't had an anxious day in two weeks but it took me a full 12 weeks to fully adjust to the Prozac. Life is good again.

• Posted

Thank you you're right I know. this forum has been so helpful to me through this. Yesterday and today have been good days. Here's hoping I've turned the corner

• Posted

I just really wanted to update my discussion. I am on week 7 and the difference is fantastic- I am back to being me again laughing and joking. No anxiety for at least 5 days. Just about all the side effects have gone just still a bit jittery on occasion and light headed. Just thought I would post to give confidence to others on flu.
    • Posted

That's good to hear! I started week 7 yesterday, and had a terrible day. I was feeling light headed and that pressure on the sides of my head. Today seems to be better. Still not very motivated to do much and not interest. I hope it gets better through the week. Congrags! It looks like you are getting there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.