Day 13 of Withdrawal and Constant Hunger. Any others experience this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on day 13 of no mirtazapine, and things were going better until today and yesterday. I have a terrible stomach ache and feel constantly hungry. Is this withdrawal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I managed to stay off them for 7 days but sleep deprivation was too much for me. I'm trying again starting from 7.5mg now down to 3.75mg. Taking it a bit slower. I had the hunger symptom but I get that when I haven't had enough sleep. I don't know what the withdrawal symptoms are so I'd be interested to see what replies you get. Well done for going 13 days.

Take care

• Posted

Good for you! Don't worry. GOing slow is best from what I've heard. smile I have had upset stomach, nausea, insomnia, anxiety, and panic attacks as withdrawal symptoms. All but the acid reflux and hunger have gone away! Thanks! I'm hoping it will keep getting easier. smile

• Posted

more than likely. I suffered with the same plus a feeling of constant nausea which is odd really, on the one hand i'm starving but on the other i'm not wanting to eat in case i'm sick.

• Posted

I feel the same way. How long ago did you stop? Does it get better?
    • Posted

It's difficult to say because i've got other underlying problems with the associated side effects constantly affecting me. But i would say that the first week is the worse, and from there on in - things will gradually improve. As everyone's different i would say that you can expect 10 -12 days of feeling anxious and nauseaus then your old self WILL return. GOOD LUCK.

• Posted

I'm on the 14th day, and I felt good for a few days! But now it's worse than it was when I first stopped. Did you experience that? Thanks for the reply! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.