Day 14 feel like hell

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am on day 14. Took my 13th 10mg pill last night. And I feel like I have just started from the beginning again!

Is this normal?

I started taking it on a night to sleep through the side effects I was getting after taking.

I started to feel better even only woke once a night. Until last night, I woke often and didnt feel right, like I wasnt myself.

This morning when I woke up the depersonalization/derealization were unreal, arms feel heavy and I am so tired with a dull headache.

I am going on holiday in 2 days and cant see myself enjoying any aspect if I continue to feel like this... atm I dont even want to go...

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

lizzie

The most impotant thing at this stage is time, you need to give your medications time to work well, upwards of five weeks need to be allowed. Hopefully when on holiday your mood become better and you will feel much better

Good Luck, always around

• Posted

HiĀ 

I understand how you are feeling now but you need to give it between 3-4 weeks to start feeling better on Citalopram I am on 20mg a day and it took me that time to feel better with Citalopram with the change of scenery and daily routine on holiday it should help a lot too let us know how you get on

• Posted

I'm on day 15 and today has been the worst I felt since the first week with all the side effects, I'm super dizzy like i was prior to starting the medicine and also feel like I'm taking a backwards step, I had 2 really good days on my second week and a bit of a stressful situation and right back I went feeling to relief, I just emailed my dr tonight as it is 8pm where I'm at, to see if maybe I need something more on top of the 20 mg of cit

• Posted

Appears to be the norm then I guess. I am sick of telling myself " it gets worse before it gets better "

Too impatient! Hope it settles back down for you also

• Posted

Yea I agree this is the first time I've ever really experienced anything like this for a longer term and it's very hard for me to accept and I'm so used to when I take a medicine things get better within a cpl days and with this it seems cpl weeks is still not enough and on top of it there's no relief in the interim from when you start taking it to when it starts working, extremely difficult and I for one would've never believed this was possible from something like anxiety, I also hope things go smoother for you as well

• Posted

Yep, this is perfectly normal.  During recovery you'll be up and down a lot - some days good and others when you feel like you're back at the beginning.  The good days get longer though and the bad ones get less - but it can take months.  Let recovery happen for you and don't try and hurry it - you can't.  It'll happen in its own time - and we're all different.  These blips will happen over and over - but it will get better.

You won't be better in 2 days - but go on your holiday, even if you don't feel like it.  You will feel strange - let it be there, let it all happen ..... but know that you are recovering and it does get better.

It gets worse before it gets better, and the first few weeks are often the worst.  

You will get over this xx

• Posted

Hi katecogs,

I liked your reply, I'v not long started citalopram and have got through the side effects I hope (day 11) I had a nervous breakdown last year, and have tried different meds, but what I liked more about your post was how you explained the ups and downs being part of recovery, I'v been very up and down and just thought I wasn't getting better, you seem to know quite a bit.

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

Sorry to hear your feeling like this!! After speaking to my GP after almost giving up on day 4 she advised me not to take citalopram at night they are to be taken in the morning she didn't give me an explanation why but since I've taken them same time each morning I have no side effects now thankfully. Hope you feel better soon

Michelle

• Posted

How do you feel today? I for one feel a tiny bit better today but still very dizzy even tho I'm not dizzy tired and just kind of over it hopefully your better today day 16 and still no luck

• Posted

Feel better today but been busy, going away tomorrow so hopefully it stays like this!
  • Posted

Did things get better for you? Our days on cit is pretty close as today is day 18 for me and I am starting to feel better but my dr also have a another medicine to take with cit and this morning was rough but it is getting better as the day goes on. Just curious as to your progress and with your time away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.