Day 14 feel rubbish

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all it's been a while since I posted I have completed the two weeks of fluoxitine and it has not been easy at all I had the no energy feeling sick being sick panic it's been rough. Anyway I am here to ask for advice again, I've had a rough start to today I had a panic attack yesterday think it might have been due to the heat I'm struggling to find my appetite and just feel tired is this normal 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It can take some time. I'm on week 4 of 20mg dose I take in the AM and I still feel tired, wretch in the AM but as the day goes on it gets better.

Katecogs has posted on here that it takes some time and that time frame varies from person to person.

I take Klonopin to manage the anxiety which, thankfully, is happening less and less as time goes on. I still wake up jittery but I an honestly say that my overall mood and outlook has improved ever so slightly.

Stick with it.  Prozac is not a fast acting AD and the results will vary from person to person. 

You can also try a mangnesium supplement and I also suggest eating 1 banana per day to help with the anxiety.

• Posted

Do bananas help with anxiety I didn't know that I am sticking with it I won't be beaten by this 

• Posted

Edward they help me a bit, they are full of potassium which helps with anxiety
  • Posted

HI, I couldn’t tolerate fluoxetine, sick, no appetite, dizzy and struggled to get out of bed, after 3 weeks my doctor took me off them. They work wonders for some people though and it does take time. If things are not better by week 3 speak to your doctor again. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.