day 14 of the fluoxetine trip

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello, that's day 14 of 40mgs almost gone, better than yesterday so hopefully that was just a minor blip which apparently happens now n then. it's quite disconcerting when it happens as I was doing so well, it just sneaks up and before you know it it's chewing your ankles wanting blood. Ever the drama queen or what smile the weather has turned bad, strong winds up here which are due to get even stronger! so a case of baton down the hatches it seems, I need some sunshine please.... smile

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

• Posted

Hello you! I just popped in to see how your day was. 

I'm glad it's been better than yesterday, but I guess a few stormy days are expected  on this journey. 

It's very windy here today with worse to come, so no walking in the woods for puppy! 

Stay safe up there, and keep yourself busy, xx

• Posted

Glad todays is better for you.  Damn those sneaky bad days! (tho hopefully thats all it was). Had a bit of  a blanket morning myself today....

Blowing a gale in north west too, hoping my daughters trampoline doesnt take off ;-$ not seen forecast for tomorrow, hoping its not like this so we can all get out n get some fresh air.

Take care

Vix

• Posted

Glad to hear you had a better day.  It's so very strange that we all seem to follow the same pattern on these types of meds - these blips too.  As you say, they come and suddenly bite you.

Yes Im looking to the Spring - my favourite time of year.  Perfect temperature.  I'm going to ask for a SAD therapy light box for my birthday next month, as I always feel lower in the winter.  Need sunlight (good job I'm not a vampire).

K xx

• Posted

I was debating a light box myself but have'nt got round to it yet, good idea asking for your birthday! mine is next month too, the 24th smile I do like spring myself, love to see bulbs appearing in the garden, buds on the trees, and of course more daylight. strange day today, 1st episode of the shakes, just in my hands for half an hour or so, and got the spaced out head feeling big time at the moment. Hmm yes tis a good thing you're not a vampire haha....... smile xx
    • Posted

Yes, def think a lightbox.  Ah you're next month too eh ... mines the 15th, nearly a Valentine baby.

My son is on Day 4 of Flu, and his appetite has gone again, has a bit of nausea, and says he's flat and there's no change mmm.  Early days still on this dose increase.

Shakes and being spaced out is those old side effects again.  Have a few 'blanket' days when you're feeling like this, or a nice walk.  Such an annoying illness this, isn't it.

I love the smell of Spring .... fresh, earthy smell mixed with rain and flowers :-) :-)

• Posted

how are you today david? xx
    • Posted

hello karen 13323, I'm having a crazy day to be honest! (nothing new there she's thinking) for the first time today I had the shakes for a while' just my hands as I was trying to write, gone now. still a bit on edge, could sleep for ever, quite lethargic, my head is fuzzy again, lightheaded spaced out. so overall it's not a great mixture, but heyho perhaps it will have gone when I waken tomorrow! I will leave the door open for its departure smile how's your daughter doin Karen? I remember you saying she was going back to work this week, hope she is coping well with the stresses involved smile
    • Posted

It's a bit of a struggle for her, thanks for asking. She is finding it difficult getting out of bed first thing.

Hope the shakes go, try doing something energetic for a few minutes like jumping up and down, gets rid of some adrenaline!

And if you want to sleep, then go ahead and have a kip! Why not.

Hope your keeping that hair of yours under control!

Keep smiling, each day is a day closer to feeling better. X

• Posted

Sounds like ur doing great David. Well my beautiful baby is now 4days iv been having days of crying but that is normal after birth. My section has took it out of me im very weak and I'm getting scared then been laid up and weak will bring depression on, I hope not !!! I'm do feel scared I don't want post natel depression again coz its awful and these beautiful children need me.
    • Posted

aww hello Rachel, delighted to hear that you are home with beautiful daughter smile I could'nt respond any earlier as have had a power cut that lasted almost 48 hours! Hope you are getting plenty of help and support with the children especially now when I guess you are more likely to have post natal depression, my goodness life must be crazy at the moment with feeding and nappies and whatever else, you must be exhausted poor lass. A scottish hug for you and newborn (((()))) caio
  • Posted

I'm struggling a bit as the section recovery is painful and baby doesn't sleep much. I think I feel a normal low for after a baby but its really scarying me thinking I might sink and been laid up doesn't help as I feel fed up. Husband's been great though and doing all the work although I wish I could care for my baby (no lifting) its upsetting xx
    • Posted

Yes I bet you're in a lot of discomfort and pain with the section ....... take things easy.  Difficult when baby doesn't want to sleep ...... she'll settle in time.  Well done hubby :-)
    • Posted

Bless you, I bet you are sore! Let your husband do it all (they dont for long really do they ;-) ). Its frustrating I know but you need to recover. Concentrate on you and cuddles with your little bundle of joy. Theres nothing nicer :-)

My daughter never liked sleeping much either, still doesnt at the age of 8! Dont think I got more the 3-4hrs sleep until I started her on bottles at 6 months little monkey.

Hope she settles for you soon. Take care n take it easy.

Ttfn

Vix x

• Posted

I can't stop crying and I'm so so scared its pnd and not just blues. I don't know how to stop it. I was OK till day 4 when my milk came in now I'm low
    • Posted

Hormones wreak havoc on our bodies.  Maybe as the milk has now arrived your hormones are all over the place.  It is very emotional having a baby, and you've also undergone an operation. All very traumatic on ones body.  Mixed with your general anxiety anyway, I'm not surprised you feel out of sorts and scared.

Have a word with your midwife of your concerns.  They'll keep an eye on you.  

K xx

• Posted

Hi rach

Its not have pw you wanna feel right now is it. But you're battling with raging hormones, medication, post operative pain, no sleep, to name a few! Its all gonna have an effect on you. If you're laid up is there something you can occupy your mind with and distract yourself?its so frustrating being "stuck" unable to do much isnt it.

Im suffering with bad blues at mo but think im just a miserable sod so we'll be keeping kleenex in business, seeing dr tomoz. When are you due to see yours about meds?

Vix

• Posted

I'm sure ul feel better soon and your having a normal blip I know how awful it is to feel so lost.

I'm just so scared of getting pnd I was doing well just before her birth so hope this is normal baby blues that will pass soon.

I'm seeing consultant in 5weeks and my gp wrote on my notes that I must b seen at any time if feeling low. I need to stop fearing it or its more likely to happen. I'm so tired.

Hope u been better soon and UV got support xx

• Posted

PS have u suffered after ur daughter was born 8years ago or is ur illness new ? My anxiety/depression has only ever showed in pregnancy and post x
    • Posted

Hi rach

Looking back I probably did have pnd but not diagnosed, was traumatised by difficult birth some effects of which im still suffering. But only diagnosed with brief depression 2013 after building works on house got badly messed up by dodgy contractor and ended up going legal (no kitchen or back of house for 7 mnths,far worse things happen to people I know but the stress crushed me).

Came off meds quite quiclky felt 100% for 6 months then crash came out of nowhere - theres no current reason for this except maybe stopped my meds too soon, wont make that mistake again.

Sorry theres my life story! :-) trouble with anxiety and depression is you get anxious about getting it which then causes it and its very hard to get out of that mindset.

Have you had any counselling at all? Im going for assessment this week although yours sounds like its all hormone based.

X

• Posted

I understand the stress of the house you went through with a baby. I get stressed just with pots in the sink lol. Any high stress levels can set it off can't itsad

After my son I got a infection and started with health anxiety which then lend to sever depression where I had no reality, stayed on my meds 5yrs!!! No harm in doing this I don't think if u feel good. This time started at 30wks after a panic attack when my vision went during a migraine. The worst part I find is depersonalisation its bloody awful!!!!! Unbearable. Got to week 8 on flu and was OK but feel low now at day 6 post birth but like u say above I fear it which causes it. Im also worrying about getting a infection from the surgery. I feel such a freak coz iv an amazing family life Im so lucky yet I get like this. I'm so scared I'll let my children down sad

I send u hugs x

• Posted

Hi rach

No didn't have pnd as such diagnosed but was traumatised by complicated birth some physical effects of which im still suffering.

This depression was brought on by serious stress 2013 so all pretty new to me, went on citalopram for 4-5 months (with little side effects) but felt 100% better n came off them. Felt fine for 6 months then just crashed for no reason aug/sept time. Possibly just relapsed cos came off too soon before but this time I have been so much worse and its taking so much longer.

Sounds like yours is all hormone related if you only get it ante/post natal. You sounded so bright before the birth so could just be the baby blues and trauma of the op dragging you back. Hope thats it n you start feeling brighter soon.Have you had any counselling at all?

X

• Posted

Yes I few sessions but stopped when got to 36weeks pregnant. I'm due to see her again at end of the month. X
    • Posted

Sorry first post disappeared on my phone so re-did n just come bacl on..... wierd
    • Posted

I'd say that's too early to come off ur meds they always say at least 6months from the time ur feeling good. I feel OK most of the time mainly upset with pain and fear. Going to see doctor tomorrow just to feel saver really xx
    • Posted

Hugs right back at you honey. Just remember a lot of it is just the illness making you think that way, putting worries in your head that shouldn't be there . you're not choosing to think or feel that way. None of us are.

Xx

• Posted

I get confused with all the threads and email notices I get rolleyes
    • Posted

How old are you vix? Is it just the one little girl you have? I have two boys who are 8 and 5 as well as little ava. I'm 29 and all babies are all done with now. Hopefully I'll feel better if little miss sleeps longer tonight x
    • Posted

Haha me too. Just realised were coversing on davids post! Poor david will be getting lots of notifications about us babbling on to each other :'(

Sorry david! Hope you have had another good day n are enjoying the snowy landscape? Sorry sbout the babbling. .........

• Posted

I get a email for every new post on the anxiety or depression group its annoying. Sorry David us girls to babble x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.