Day 15 ... 20mg citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well day 15 ... intrusive thoughts may be slightly less not sure ... dull headache ... bearable but still there more like wearing a tight cap than pain... still little motivation and little joy in anything and very anxious about the future .. seeing nhs councillor on wed ... somebody please tell this is normal and life does get better than this

😐

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Competely normal - I spent a while with a very thick foggy head - like you say not an actual headache with pain but more like a tightness.  It does pass so stick with it - I know these days feel horrible but you will feel better soon!  I am on day 30 and the thick head has passed and I feel a lot more like myself with less anxiety - when I do feel anxious and my thoughts start whirring I have to talk myself into realising it's just side effects.  Try and distract yourself - I know it's hard.  And good news about the NHS counsellor - that's a positive move so you should be proud of yourself for that x

• Posted

Hi,

Yes it WILL get better!

It's very early days, I can remember when I was in the early weeks just sitting on the bed crying or just unable to move.

I felt desperate!

That was mid January, I'm on 40mg and still have days where I feel like a piece of chewed string!

It took me a long time to get that ill so it's going to take a long time to recover, you can't hurry it.!

Stay with the tablets and try to do a little everyday and I promise you it does improve

Stay positive!

• Posted

Thanks Angie , nacho ... maybe I'm half way there thought the last 2 weeks have felt like months ... should have started the meds when I was given them and I'd be at the 6 week mark already ... but thought I could fix myself didn't work ... going to go out tonight ... meet up group, know a few of them it's either that or spend the night ruminating on the negative past and the future ... trying to live in the present as much as possible ...

• Posted

Life is good and it WILL get better. This is just a minor bump in the road. Maybe it hasn't fully kicked in?

• Posted

Probably not having much effect yet it took me at least 6 weeks spiraling down before I admitted I was depressed and not just stressed and smarting a bit from break up ... so guess in the scheme of things 15 days isn't a long time ... just wish I could wake in the morning without dreading what the day will bring ...

• Posted

This is completely normal its just a matter of perseverence.i know its very difficult and you have to dig deep but keep taking your meds, be around people you know, get fresh air and exercise and eat balanced diet. Push yourself and you will get there and become a stronger person in doing so. Challenge your anxiety and thoughts.

Hope this helps. You will probably feel significantly better at the 4-6 week mark.

• Posted

Thanks ...today been quite anxious and stomach got a feeling of dread ... feel sick and tense ... never had many anxiety issues before this didn't appreciate how much of an impact they had on people ...the depression seems no better though... fingers crossed it starts working soon ... its only the hope that it will get better that's keeping me going ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.