Day 15 30mg still tired all the time.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was prescribed 30mg of mirtazapine after going through a bad breakup. After 3 weeks dropped down to just under 9 stone and im 6 foot 3 and hadnt been sleeping properly. Still feeling very drained all the time, i am eating better but im still feeling drained all the time. Was wondering if this is an effect of the depression or the tablets? Still having very vivid dreams/nightmares but managing 6-7 hours a night but waking often. 

I know i need to stick them out but im finding it hard to function. Any help appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It does take a while for the drowsiness to wear off. I feel absolutely normal on them now but it did take a few weeks. Try taking them a little earlier in the evening then the sedative effect will have worn off by morning. If you are very underweight then you will have a lack of energy until your body builds up its reserves.
  • Posted

hi.I was like you feeling drained and had some bad knightmares.I came of them after about 3 month because I just couldnt cope with the affects.but as far as I know people seem to put weight on so I would say go back to your docs hope you get sorted
  • Posted

Thank you, due back to docs in the next two weeks so will ask about options then if im still feeling this way. Have put on a little weight but have moved back in with parents at this point so they are bringing me food. Have to go back to work in just over a week and im worried that i wont be able to function. Will try taking them earlier and see how i feel. Seeing mixed opinions on here on time to side effect subsidance, some say 2-4 weeks others say it never went away. Thank you for help this forum has been great through all this. Helps to know im not alone
  • Posted

thats one thing your not alone but somtimes I feels like you are they changed my tablets three times before I started to feel a little better. I hope everything works out for you and we are all here to listen and help if we can so take care 
  • Posted

Thank you, will make sure to update and answer others so people can find help from here as i have. 
  • Posted

The drained feeling sounds like depression to me,came that should improve as the medication starts working. Likewise with lack of appetite. I couldn't eat much when I was depressed. Try to convince yourself that there's no point in worrying about going back to work. You don't know how you'll feel in just over a week anyway. Fight your battles one day at a time, and look for the hopeful signs - like sleeping longer and eating more. I only realised recently that it might be the mirtazapine causing my vivid dreams. I've been on it for 6 years, but I just hadn't connected it. They don't bother me, as long as I'm getting my sleep.
    • Posted

Thanks for the work advice that really helped. Couldnt see myself feeling better by next week but ur right, i just dont know how ill feel by then and worrying is not helping. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.