Day 16 citalopram starting new job

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just thought I would add my story to this forum. I'm on day 16 and still feeling quite anxious and depressed in the morning but looking back I am definitely finding it a lot easier in the mornings but it's still a struggle. I have glimmers of the old me coming through but I feel as though I am waiting to feel bad again if that makes sense. I'm starting my new job this week and had training last week and it was a struggle but at times found myself quite enjoying it. I am working again later on so i doubt my anxiety will ease today it usually does by late afternoon/evening. How can I keep calm at my new job? I'm caring for old the elderly. Has anyone else been in this situation starting a new job with anxiety? I have got bachs rescue remedy has anyone else used this to keep calm?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leah, congratulations on your new job.  From my experience and from others I've read on this site, the worst side-effects last 2-3 weeks.  You're nearly through the worst of it, so stay strong.

Enjoy the new experiences and feel proud you are out earning a living.  I haven't been in a new job with anxiety but I've had to carry on with everyday life and meeting people and I think it actually helps because it's a distraction.  You may feel anxious in the morning but as you busy yourself and get involved in your work it will keep your mind occupied, which will really help.

Good Luck

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply Anna. I was anxious all day yesterday waiting to go to work. But once I was there I enjoyed it and didn't think about my anxiety much. When I got home I felt good and managed to eat a meal. This morning woke up feeling rubbish again, down and anxious. Took my son to nursery and came home and started on the housework straight away to keep my mind occupied. I have councelling later so hopefully he will give me some good advice

• Posted

Hi Leah.  Ive just increased by dose from 20 to 30.  OMG, the anxiety went through the roof!!  Just like at the beginning.  Had to resort to a diazepam to calm me down, thought I was going to have a full blown panic attack.

The first few weeks are so damn hard and especially in the morning.  I feel like I can sit still for 5 minutes and then im running around trying to get the kids ready for school etc. It does look like an increase takes you  a bit back to square one but it will get easier.  It feels like it never will to be honest but we have to keep going.  I have to get on a 9 hour flight in April and the thought of that feeling like this is terrible.  Im hoping this feeling will pass soon!!  

Do you get the shaky type feeling with the anxiety?  x

• Posted

Hi I increased from 10 to 20 on Sunday so my anxiety is hightened also. maybe I will try a diazepam tomorrow if I feel like this again. I've only got a few left though 😯. How many weeks have you been on it now? I'm sure you will be fine in April. Thinks should defiantly have settled down by then. Yes I feel like my whole body is kind of vibrating on the inside. It's weird x

• Posted

Hi

Its horrible isnt it!  I get that horrible stomach feeling where I think I might panic but then it calms down but never quite goes.  Im at work so its hard.  Took the diazepam when I got here!  Feel ok now but not hungry at all.

I managed to blag another prescription from my doctor before I finished the first one so I have loads.  However, I have only ever taken 1 a day rather than the 3 they say I can have.  And thats only when I feel total crap like today!

Yes thats it, like a jittery feeling, hands shaking too!  

Im coming up to I think 13 weeks but I did have a couple of good weeks too. It seems to kick off badly again at period time, who'd be a woman!! However, I didnt have it before my health scare so whether its my hormones starting to go haywire and maybe the menopause, which they are taking a blood test for, who knows.  If it is the menopause, I could have this for years!!!  Shoot me now lol x

• Posted

Oh ye I hate that feeling when you feel like you are going to panic and it kind of washes over you but then you worry that it's going to come back again! I have never taken a diazepam in the day as I'm worried how it will affect me. How does it make you feel in the daytime? It knocks me out at night and that's only 5mg. Ugh I'm still finding eating really difficult currently force feeding myself super rice lol as it's not got much flavour. I can't take much flavour these days I eat plain food x

• Posted

Yeah its crap, i get all hot and then it goes quite quickly.  I was having terrible panic attacks before I went on the cit anyway but they have definitely got better, just more bloomin anxious!

Ive only taken diazepam in the mornings when I cant stand the feeling any longer.  I would describe it like this... in about 15mins, I feel kind of a bit woozy, like youve had a drink but that goes very quickly.  Then the nerves/angsty feeling starts to wear off until I feel pretty normal.  With me, the whole thing takes about half an hour to an hour.  I then feel fairly normal, not hyper in anyway, just normal.  Mine is 5mg too.  I do get tired towards the end of the day but half of that is anxiety as it does your head in.  

I had complan this morning, made me feel so sick so that didnt help!  Just had a chocolate bar and a banana but forced down like you.  Im also staying away from caffeine as much as possible and like you eating plain food.  x

• Posted

Oh the diazepam doesn't sound too bad may give that a go on my next bad day. I'm feeling good this evening determined to carry on this feeling tomorrow morning but I say that every evening lol. Ahh good old complan I might have one of them tonight extra calories. That's good that the panic attacks got a bit better. Things will keep getting better and better hopefully x

• Posted

Ok so I'm going to carry on writing here so I can keep track of my progress. Day 18: woke up and started to have negative thoughts about the day ahead. I tried to move them along like clouds or a car passing by observe but so not hold on to the thought and let it pass. This was advice from my counseller. I got up and did not stay in bed too long to think about how I am feeling. I went to shower and got my son ready for nursery. When I got there the teacher said that my son is not mixing well with the other kids and seems quite nervous and anxious. He is only 3. He has always been shy but always comes home and says how much he has enjoyed his ear so I am not too worried but it's kinda bought on a bit of anxiety because I worry that he is picking up on my behaviours. We have been spending a lot of time at home recently with me not being well but now I realise I really do need to push myself for my sons sake. I've come home and done my housework and will pick him up soon and go for a cup of tea at my mums and then brave it to the shops and make a stew. That is today's plans so I will update later with how I got on

• Posted

That's meant to say day not ear!😆

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.