Day 16 - feeling very strange

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don’t know else how to describe it other than I feel like I am going to have a seizure! My whole body is extremely restless all the time with also weak and achy muscles. I feel a super foggy head and also having extreme anxiety the past few days. I feel detached and kind of like a zombie. I’m sick of this. Will this go away? I’m getting worried at this point. I’m done with this jittery feeling, I want to relax! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like side effects. They should start to go away as it builds up in the next week or two. If they don’t go away after a while it might not be the medication for you. There are plenty of others you can try smile
  • Posted

Excellent23 - I know “exactly” what your going through.   What you are experiencing is normal and expected.  Don’t give up!!  The side effects last anywhere between 4-8wks.  I know, I know that sound horrendous, but we all go through it is some form.  Your almost there, usually around week 4 you’ll start to feel improvement, hopefully sooner for you.  After these initial weeks you be able look back on this.  You may want to incorporate some supporting activities.  For example: Exercise (walk or run), Avoid caffeine or booze, Eat healthy, Sleep, Mindfulness and Meditation, Yoga, etc.   Also, maybe your doctor can prescribe something temporarily to help calm you down when it gets bad.  

One more thing.  After you get past this initial phase, the medication will further bake-in over a few months.  I was told to expect the full benefits at 3-4months out.  So each day you should be improving.   Note, I think I just hit week 9.  It’s like night and day better.  Not perfect yet, but waaaaay better.  I wish you well...

• Posted

keep your head up. i have just hit week 9 and up until now have been poorly. last 4 or 5 days I feel much better. feel a lot like my old self.

i nearly gave up meds several times over this period

just try to take everyday as it comes. a new day is a win getting closer to feeling normal again.

medidation exercise reading self help books all these things help

• Posted

keep your head up. i have just hit week 9 and up until now have been poorly. last 4 or 5 days I feel much better. feel a lot like my old self.

i nearly gave up meds several times over this period

just try to take everyday as it comes. a new day is a win getting closer to feeling normal again.

medidation exercise reading self help books all these things help

• Posted

Hello...I felt the same way. I’m now on week 14 and feel much better than I have in a while. Keep at it.  Always look at the bright side of things and please remember that depression takes time

To get better. With that being said I wish you the best in your recovery. 

• Posted

Excellent23 how are you feeling now? I'm in week 2 and I feel the same as you described 😖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.