day 17 and feeling worse than ever

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am now on day 17 of taking this Mirtazapine, the anxiety has calmed down quite a bit and I am not crying as much. However, I am so depressed. I am still having suicuidal thoughts and the nightmares are so disturbing that they make me more depressed. I am guessing I am depressed cos it can take up to 4 weeks for the anti- depressant part to take effect. I am also very snappy and irratable and I get angry and over react at simple everyday things. Any comments or similar stories please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi

Bare with the pills i used to count the days like u r waiting for 4 weeks to go by its a lifetime i know but they do work ive been there.it took me 5 weeks then one morning i woke up and smiled first time in months i came out the dark tunnel i was in.U are not alone we have all been where u r keep counting it will soon be over.It helps to talk to someone who has been there.

• Posted

thanks for the response. I am now on day 21 and I am starting to feel better. I feel more motivated to do things that I have needed to do for so long but have been unable to. I still feel a bit agitated and impatient but I am feeling optimistic as some improvements are starting to show now.Plus the nightmares have deminished quite a bit as well.Thanks :D
  • Posted

hi

u r getting there hold on 2 more weeks u will feel so much better.im so glad u r feeling better helps to know someone out there has been through it to let us know how u get on?

• Posted

I found it took 6 weeks to feel the full effects, although I did start to feel a bit better after a couple of weeks. Keep persevering. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.