Day 18

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm on day 18 of citalopram 10mg and I have noticed my anxiety has eased a bit however even tho it's eased it is always there in the background so I feel I still have to really work hard on getting through the day..... Is this normal?? Or is this the way I will always feel or will it take a bit longer before I wake and feel more normal 😐

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've been on the medication for about 13 weeks now. What you are feeling is normal. Each day you will feel a little bit better and more able to cope. This is a great chat room for advice, it's been great to ask questions and get an answer from others who are using the meds. Good luck, hang in there πŸ‘
    • Posted

Thankyou πŸ˜€ I am feeling a lot better but think I just want to be normal again now πŸ™ˆ ah well il just have to hang on in there and wait to the meds completely kick in 😝
  • Posted

Hi, yes I'm sorry it it is going to take a bit longer..please don't get disheartened, it just takes 4 maybe 6 weeks before it really does u good.. The side effects are horrible , I know, I'm only I week two (just) and suffering myself. .. Keep going with it ..look up on the NHS choices website or tell me ur side effects and if there's anything a bit too much you can talk to your doctor about a change..but I'm sure what you're going through is 'normal' just remember it's a very powerful drug and your body just doesn't understand it yet...
    • Posted

I'm on it for generalised anxiety I had just about every symptom going and was having up to 4 attacks a day! I managed to overcome andstop the   attacks myself but I couldn't get rid of the daily symptoms and after a few months of trying I decided to take citalopram to help me as It was starting to wear me down and I didn't want to start depression.....aim having trouble with sore muscles in my back to the point it's hard to breath but I've attended a physio who has helped with it but I also have the lump in my throat ATM which is just a sensation but it drives me crazy so I'm hoping the meds get rid of this quickly 😬
  • Posted

Hi

I was on the stuff for almost two and a half years. I was only on the 10 mg dose but it took a while for my body to settle down. You will start to feel a lot less stressed if only somewhat cotton wool headed for a while. Your memory will probably be affected but dont worry as once you stop taking the stuff it will return to normal. You may experience a tightening band at the base of your skull along with headaches. This is normal and will go with time. It worked for me so dont stop taking them and I wish you luck. You will know when the time is right to start coming off them and this also has to be done gradually. It takes time to work into your system and also does the same to leave. Many of us have experienced all kinds of symptoms but at leat you have found this forum where there will always be someone there to answer your questions. Just remeber your not alone smile

• Posted

Thankyou πŸ˜€ and it's great that others have been there and can relate xx
  • Posted

I went throughΒ  something very similar. I had all sorts of test in the first few weeks i was on citalopram. Once i started on the medication and admitted that i needed help i began to feel even more vunerable than i was already feeling. I started to worry about avery little thing for the next few weeks but once the test results came back clear i felt massively relieved and i began to make a lot of progress.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease.

• Posted

Hi.....yes I accepted it and found the attacks stopped but the symptoms are what I struggle with but I'm sure in time they will ease πŸ™
  • Posted

Hello again smile

if its any consolation I am off the Citalopram a year and a bit now. Doing fine and anxiety and panic are now a memory. There isa light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I have flashbacks but I have to say Citalopram allowed me time to get my head together. You just have to be strong and know that it takes time for the chemical imbalance that makes us think the way we do to be corrected. I was able and still am to workΒ  in a full time job with no time off for sickness. I think being positive helps a great deal and if you can remain positive you will overcome this slight blip in your life.Listening to some stuff called mindfulness can help you relax more as well as some lovely chillout music you can google and get for free on the net.

Best of luck,

Β 

• Posted

Thankyou -- hope I follow your path in the future I'm glad u are doing well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.