day 18, confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im on day 18 back on fluoxetine, physical side effects are easing up a bit, better tummy, still lack of appetite feeling dizzy and not quite here.

Ive noticed my mind doesnt go to the really bad intrusive thoughts so much which is great , past few days have been quite emotional but in a weird way im sort of calmer, like not quite there, not quite with it.so anxiety has eased up but its like my brain doesnt know where else to go.like it doesn't know how to be normal,i find myself empty and low, very low. Im glad anxieties are a bit better but after so long with them i feel like i forgot what normal feels like. Has anyone felt like this? How did you come out? Feel like i should start feeling better but i dont.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. I've been on flux for 3 months now & feel fabulous but I only started to feel the effects 6 to 8 weeks in. My anxiety went about the same time as you but I had the worst feeling of flatness & bleakness especially on waking & really struggled to get out of bed but I found that I felt better with short bursts of exercise like 10 star jumps or jogging on the spot but you have to force yourself to do it. It's a long road full of twists, turns & dead ends but when it eventually kicks in its all worth it. Plus I lost 3 & a half stone & I've not put it back on. So not only do I feel great but I look great. So stick with it & good luck & keep posting xx

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! Its good to hear to help stay with perspective and going, im just missing feeling like a normal person i guess. Have been keeping myself busy since it helps and will keep going through the ups and the downs until there's more ups than downs.

Am finding it difficult to eat enough, everyone keeps commenting on how good i look but i havent got one more ounce of fat to lose. So am a bit worried if i dont stop losing weight, gonna end up feeling and looking sick. But its ok, its all in the way to recovery i guess.

Just cant wait to feel something good, to feel excitement , p*ssed off about the long painful crappy road im on. (Enough with the moaning!)

Im looking forward to get to where you're at smile im on the way x

• Posted

I felt sick & had no appetite for about 6 weeks & then my appetite came back & I knew I was close to getting it all together so just take it one day at a time because it's so worth it in the end xx
  • Posted

Hi, Ana. I've been on it for 3 mo, and I think I am almost normal now, but it took a while to get here. My appetite is not yet normal, but almost. It seems to be different for different individuals. So glad your feeling better.
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply,it is very reassuring to hear from others who are further down the line than i am. Its just such a long annoying road, got another docs app thus week and am awaiting a call to sort out therapy so im remaining very hopeful im on the right path.

Thanks again, replies really help. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.