Day 19 of 10mg of Citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi day all, day 19 of 10 mg of Citalopram, feeling weird,on edge, pressure in head & eyes,anybody else feel like this? I also have some 0.5 mg tablets of Lorazapam to take if needed, I have taken a couple,but they dont seem to help much, how much longer before I feel like my old self? cheers in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

not going to lie lovely but it took me a couple of months and had to go up to 20mg so cus I changed doses it started the symptoms again from square one but honestly lovely keep up with it I promise it gets better xx

• Edited

probably a while brother, you ve got this though. Just remember the clarity and good feeling will return out of the blue and will feel great. Then its likely youll dip but try not to worry because it will switch back again. We are in this together.

• Posted

Hi Lary,

i completely feel you, i kept asking the same questions almost daily, when will they kick in. when will i feel "normal" will this ever go!

i wrote daily updates so i could track my progress i remember having one good day then bam! back to square one but it felt worse as i had felt better for 1 day, looking back i was a mess but my daily updates that i looked back on indicated a change and that gave me hope.

ive done so much research and loads of therapy

read all the books and the key is acceptance, try tuning into your thoughts and challenge the ones that aren't so positive accept those sensations as nothing more than anxiety symptoms.

for me the morning anxiety was hell as were the side effects and believe me i had them all.

i would call the doctor daily and research my symptoms which in turn made everything magnified.

it took me a few months to start feeling better im on 20mg 10 wks now previously 18yrs on 10mg back then it was a little taboo and mental health wasn't spoken about.

i was also on Propanolo if and when needed which i took to take the edge of most days

slowly week by week you will feel stronger and that intense feeling just becomes less and less until you no longer notice it.

i throw myself into Tennis something i had never done before its great exercise and it took my mind of the anxious feelings i was having i started to notice that every time i played i had no anxiety because i was focused on something else that made me realise i can be well.

keep going your doing great and you will recover from this i promise

Nix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.