Day 2 - 10mg of Prozac

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started taking Prozac yesterday after going to the dr for an onset of anxiety and depression that started roughly two weeks ago. I have always had anxiety and fear of just baout everything as long as I can remember but it has always been about small things. Result of being sheltered/not really doing much as a kid I think. I have been in the best relationship of my life for the past 2.5 years and we just got engaged 3 months ago. It is everything I have alwasy wanted. Which is why the fact that my anxiety is centered around this relationship ending has been killing me the last two weeks. It seems like my brain is for some reason all of a sudden trying to make every excuse in the book to end it even though I don't want to. I have a voice telling me that I am gay (even though I have never been sexually attracted or attracted otherwise other than in an envious way to a woman), I have had one telling me that I don't really love him and that I am trying to convince myself that I do and the last few days it has been telling me that I just need to let him go so he doesn't have to deal with me going through this even though that is what a husband is supposed to do. I know it is only my second day of taking Prozac and that everything I have read says that things will only get worse before they get better and I really start feeling normal and back to myself again but as someone who has always been highly impatient and is so in love with her fiance that she can't imagine a world without him, it is so hard to trust the wait. I know this is a long post but I am really hoping to find someone who has gone through something similar and can give me words of encouragement to get over this "hump"

Thank you for listening,

Megan

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Megan and welcome!

You may be lucky and completely avoid any side effects, or just have very mild ones.. crossing my fingers for you! But if you do and need support getting through them, you're definitely in the right place. There's some amazing people here that have been a godsend for me. I'm currently in the middle of week 5 and going through the worst of it right now I believe. It hasn't all been bad though! And just think how much stronger we will be for going through all this 💪🏼 If you need anything at all, just keep writing here and we will help you through this. ????

• Posted

Thank you! I really hope that my side effects aren't as severe but I feel as though they probably will be. I have been reading through threads on here for most of the morning and it is helpful to hear of people coming out of their tough times with prozac. It's just so hard to see and believe in the light at the end of the tunnel while you're going through it, ya know?

• Posted

Absolutely! I still have days like that where I can't see any end 😭 It's exhausting! Read the success stories on here though, I think there's quite a few. They always make me feel better! So happy there's a website that we can moan and gripe about all this and get support from people going through the same. If it weren't for these forums, I would have flushed these stupid pills weeks ago!

• Posted

I've read through almost all of this feed and it's been comforting for sure!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.