Day 2

Posted , 3 users are following.

After a month of sertraline and finding out its not the med for me I find myself on this new med. Day 2 of 37.5. Will increase to 75 probably in the next few days. Feeling ok so far but I'm sure the 37.5 is not enough to make me feel the side effects that are to come.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What med are you on now? Is it venlafaxine? I amon a high dosage and my moof is grest now. The side effects I have don't bother me much, although my cholesterol has to be monitored. I feel the side effects are well worth feeling like myself and being happy. This site is a great place to talk about things with others who understand and won't judge.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Yes sorry I didn't mention med name. I do hope for smooth transition from sertraline to this. So very thankful for your comment and this forum. Xx

• Posted

Hi,

I'm glad you're feeling good - I just wanted to give you some advice but don't want to put a downer on your new trial.

After many different types of antidepressant I was prescribed venlafaxine. At first the side effects were awful, if I didn't take immediately before food at the same time each day I'd be sick, throwing up style so keep an eye on that.

Also, if it wasn't taken at a similar time each day I would begin to feel flu like symptoms, shaking, being sick, wooziness and severe anxiety. I missed a few days of work because of this.

I am now coming off the tablets after around 6 months and am on half a 37.5 tablet. It is incredibly difficult, to the point where after about 36 hours I begin to feel woozy, sick, can't lift my head, get absolutely furious and irritable until the next tablet has been taken. I'm weaning slowly off and trying to get balanced, but it really is not easy.

I wanted to give you these cautions, as I said not to put a downer on you at all - but because I wish someone had told me.

Best wishes and I hope you have a different experience x

• Posted

I had my bad times with sertraline I definitely know the craziness that comes ahead. I guess we all react differently I had hoped it was going to be my saving grace. My toes are crossed for a better experience now..as well as any other body part that I can cross. I appreciate your comment...these forums help with success stories and caution. I do hope for the best thou. Xx
    • Posted

I really do wish you the best and you're right - we're all different.

Please keep us up to date with how you do smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.