day 2 post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys its day 2 after my gallbladder operation and I'm feeling so much better. Not needing as much pain relief and a bit more mobile. Still quite windy though and not much of an appetite but that's not such a bad thing. I had 3 stones the largest was bigger than a £2 coin so glad they've gone!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds great. I am now on day 4. Let us get better together aye?

I too am beginning to feel better. Isn't it great to be rid of the wretched things?

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks Sarah good to hear from you. onwards and upwards together eh!
  • Posted

Hi freestork

so glad you are feeling much better now that your gall bladder is gone.I wish I could say the same,but my surgeon says although I have gall stones my pain is comming from my back just because I have lower back problems,so no op for me,got to wait for MRI scan don't know how long this is going to take.he says you can live with gall stones without any pain.i feel a bit let down as even if he is right about my gall stones,I feel they could still give me pain later on but I still believe my pain is being caused by my gs.i feel sick,don't want to eat,get really hot and sweaty and the pain is unbearable at times.sorry I only meant to say how glad I am that things have gone so well for you

Its great to hear when things go right for someone

all the best

Pat

• Posted

Thanks Pat, I had gallstones for 6 years and had no pain at all I went to GP over thinning hair as there thyroid history in my family had tests which showed liver inflammation so went for ultrasound which again showed gallstones quite large in size it was only after the scan the pain started GP seemed to think they moved during the scan I had a lot of lower back pain which has now stopped you should be more vocal with GP and push for referral hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

hi freestork

thanks for you reply,the pain is always made worse by the doctor feeling around my side.I know stones can move so that is why i feel let down also my employer has mention about the time I have had off work all I could tell them was I was under my doctor for it.I think I will make another appointment to see my doctor but he wasn't very sure that it was my gs.

glad to hear you are getting better

take care and keep in touch

Pat

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing well. I'm at 7 days post op and other than a little itching at the incision sites and tiredness by midday I am pretty much all better. Still not lifting anything too heavy as i dont want to aggravate my torso but im back to my regular daily routine. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    • Posted

Hi Shalaya glad to see your on mend take things easy and rest upxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.