Day 25

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi... I'm on day 25 of 10mg citalopram and thus week I've felt "more normal" however tonight I just had another panic attack.... I'm now feeling the physical symptoms that come along with it....is this normal? 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Totally normal it's still early days! You will go through all sorts of side effects but days get better! I'm on 20mg now since November and still have anxiety and panic sometimes! Just remember we are all here! I also use propanolol for physical symptoms!

Good luck

Emz!

• Posted

I thought as much but just wanted reassurance 😬 I havnt had an attack from day 1 of taking these and it was just a shock to go through it again as I'd kind of forgot how they felt 😧 but thankyou for the reply! 
    • Posted

You will get there, it's still really early.  After about 6 weeks I felt ready to face the world again and after 4 months I felt bloody fantastic!
    • Posted

Hope it passes soon just rem it's so early but that's great you felt more normal again but you are normal this is normal and your doing the best for yourself! Stay positive is there anything you do to help when your having panic attacks? Always rem you are going forward and there will be blips on the way to recovery! Good luck!

We have all been there

Emz

• Posted

Really!!!! I had felt the symptoms ease so much this week I think I was shocked tonight when the attack happened but hopefully it's just a blip 👍
    • Posted

Thankyou emz3279....u no last night when I had tge attack I just rolled with it I never tried to distract myself r do anything and it passed fairly quickly so fingers crossed it will get easier xxx

• Posted

Well done you! I too get more anxious at night intend to think about it and quickly stop thinking about it lol!! Life itself has good and bad days if it didn't I think those people have problems! The thing is that there's more good than bad and that's the road to recovery!! Glad your feeling better and yeah weather is awful here too!!

Emz x

• Posted

Good Morning a18842!

Sounds like you are getting there! Being on this site has prepared me for everything that could happen. I thought as I started on Cita (10mg now on 30mg) with a very heavy cold (aka Man Flu) and that it shielded me from most of the early symptoms. This may have been true, but I have had everything so far. Some not so bad, others yuk!

At the moment I don't think I am at the point where you are yet as the "YoYo" effect as I will call it has not really hit me so bad. I still have the little downer moments which are becoming fewer and further apart, but I have not, as yet, gone even a few days without a "blip".

So, what a great site this is! Here you are asking if these things are normal and your answer from all these loverly people becomes our answer too, to a question we hadn't asked.

The weather may be closing in again this morn, but being here helps brighten the day!

Best Regards and Wishes for your progress.

David

• Posted

Thankyou David 21660...I wish u well also and yes the weather is crap here 2 😬

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.