Day 3 - 10mg Prozac

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well, today I woke up super nauseous to where I wanted to puke just rolling over in bed. I finally fell asleep for a little while and the nausea subsided some. Around lunch time, I started to feel a little better but the thoughts were still there. Then a couple of hours later, I had probably my worst break down yet. I know that the medicine makes the anxiety and thoughts worse at the beginning until it starts to work but this afternoon, I was really starting to believe them and it made me panic. I stopped crying a little while ago but still thinking and overall sad feeling. I know some of y'all are a bit further along on the medicine and still struggling. I'm just ready for relief for us all.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there. You have a little while before it starts to work. 10 mg is a low dose but as you progress upwards towards the 40 s it gets a lot better. I'm on week 12 now and feel so different. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I may not be fully there but I'm close. Most of my side effects resolved in about 2 weeks. Mine are gone except for night sweats.

• Posted

I'm so ready to see that light. I almost broke up with my fiancé during my panic attack because I just feel so bad for him havung to deal with this. I don't want to break up with him but the thoughts were telling me too. He came home from work and comforted me and made me feel a bit better though.

• Posted

Ok just saw you have a fiancé ???? Glad you're not alone! He sounds really caring and understanding. Just remind him that you may not act like yourself for a little while and no matter what, to just love you through this.

• Posted

That's what I keep telling him and he keeps reassuring me that he will. He's also a little bit confused by it all, I think because he's never had anxiety or depression and he keeps saying, "I just wish you would let it all go" and I keep telling him that is so much easier said than done. I know he just wants me better and back to normal though. As do I.

• Posted

He's probably just a little scared and hasn't dealt with anything like this before. Maybe find one of the threads on this forum for him to read? He may get it a little more if he sees so many people having the same effects. ????

• Posted

Yeah, I have been trying to find him some stuff to read to make him more understanding.
    • Posted

He'll get it ?? Maybe not quite yet, but he will.

• Posted

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry 😭😭 it really is the worst! You are going to get there though. Just breathe through it and know that all those thoughts are nothing more than anxiety. You're going to be ok I promise! Do you live with anyone? Get some support, lots of hugs, do things that will distract you. Load your phone up with games. We will help you through this ????

• Posted

How are you feeling now Megan? ❤️
    • Posted

I started to feel better in the evening. I was able to eat a little bit of something. Woke up this morning with the intention of going to work after missing yesterday but I'm nauseous again today and just have an overwhelming undesire to leave my room. 😞

• Posted

Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.