Day 3

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve just started back on fluoxetine and feel absolutely horrible the first day was fine yesterday but yuck then today threw up after about an hour or so of taking my pill is this common?

I’ve been through a rough last year I dropped fluoxetine after 15 years as thought it was working properly changed to citalapram and the side effects were herendous 

My doc then put me on venlafaxine Effexor I was on them for around 4-5 months and felt nauseous nearly every morning and wasn’t feeling any better so went through the horrible process of coming off I’ve been off them around 3 weeks and now on fluoxetine again but this nausea in the morning was horrible is this common when I was on fluoxetine before I never had this issue.

I can’t remember back when I first started though.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

You’ve been thru a lot.  I loved my fluoxetine & don’t recall ever getting sick on it.  Stupidly, I went off of it.   I think starting any AD is tough the first few weeks/months.  I felt nauseated & would dry heave when I started Effexor   After a few weeks I’m feeling better now.  Have you tried any benzo’s like Xanax or Klpmopin?  I still have morning anxiety & have to take one.    Maybe that would help with your nausea.  I was also given compazine for the nausea. 

• Posted

I felt really nauseous in the morning after taking Effexor I went up in doses quite quick and the nausea never really went then I reduced and stopped. 

The day I stopped no nausea 

Now 3 days in to fluoxetine again and nausea this morning I did take a diazepam with it I had a cigarette about an hour after and felt really dizzy then vomited 

• Posted

Hmmmmm.  Have you told your doc about this?   You may have to try another AD or try to get something for the nausea like compazine.     I was sick to my stomach & vomited in between stopping the fluoxetine & starting the Effexor.  I assumed it was Prozac withdrawal because I didn’t wean off long enough.  Then started Effexor & felt horrible.  Everyone told me to just stick it out.  I couldn’t eat hardly at all because I was so nauseated & had no appetite.  All I could do was drink water & smoke more than I normally do. 

I would say hang in there with the fluoxetine.  It’s a great Med & way easier to withdraw from them Effexor.   

Give it some time.  It’s only been 3 days.  If it worked for you before/hopefully it will again!   Start up side effects are usually tough for a couple of weeks. 

• Posted

There is another post on here similar to yours.  The name is Deanne. She’s also nauseated & vomiting after 3 weeks on fluoxetine   Asking if anyone else is. 

• Posted

How’s Effexor going for you ? It really didn’t work for me and was the hardest thing I’ve ever done coming off and probably still coming off as it’s been 3 weeks 
    • Posted

It’s only been s little over 3 weeks. Some days are good others not great. Appetite is still a bit low.  Sleeping ok for the most part but wake up shaky & have to take a Klonopin.   Hope this all works out better as the weeks go by.  Only on 75 ER

• Posted

I misspelled Klonopin.  Also-anxiety will cause nausea.   I think you need to get something to calm your nerves & get thru the start up side effects like nausea & vomiting 

• Posted

I use to gag a lot in the mornings just on a normal day. I’m now gagging and throwing up anything I put insad I just picked up another nausea medicine my doctor prescribed to see if it will help. Taking all this medicine is giving me anxiety. Ugh hopefully we both get better soon!!!!
    • Posted

How long have you had this ? The gagging and throwing up mines only I. The morning unless I work myself up during the day ?
    • Posted

I don’t know exactly because before fluoxetine I was on trintellix and my doctor increased it to 20mg and I started getting sick right after so I’m thinking around 2 weeks on and off but I think part of it was from the increased dose of that and I do get myself worked up into a nervous wreck sometimes. Hope this makes sense!
    • Posted

I’m 3 weeks off Effexor so I think mine maybe the withdrawals still I’ve read that it’s horrible and man it is.

Nauseous 

Tired can’t sleep

Restless 

Shaking

Take a zopiclone to sleep but wake around 3.30am and have the most horrible dreams 

• Posted

It is awful! I didn’t have all of this the first time I took prozac. I guess my anxiety is worse than it was then! I don’t know! I pray we all get better very soon!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.