Day 3 of no sleep

Posted , 7 users are following.

The pain through my left leg and down to ankle is terrible...cannot find a position to get relief , only the hot bathtub..I need to sleep or I'm going to lose my job and mind

...pls.help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I am going through a similar issue. For 3 weeks of no relief. Dr. Prescribed me Motrin 800 and Flexiril but it didn’t quite do the job. Did that for one week and suffered still. I went back yesterday. My X-rays check out and an MRI has been ordered. He put me on Prednisone 3-20 mg tablets for 5 days. I did my first dose this morning and here I am 12 hours later and the pain has stopped. 

I hope this might be something you can talk to your dr about. I have 4 more days and will taper off it so no side effects. Best wishes!

• Posted

Hi Greebo64

I decided to self diagnose and prescribed myself a 3 day course instead of the 3-20’s x 5 days 

I did 3 yesterday

2 today

And will do 1 tomorrow 

So— 6 pills instead of 15. I pray I did right by me. Thank you for your kind concern. 

• Posted

Too many Prednisone or similar steroids are a definite No-No long term...they will with out doubt cause more serious health problems for you..my advice is, you have done the right thing by not taking the full amount, but please don't take anymore...stay well clear !!

• Posted

I Would just like to say the  MODERATORS ON HERE ARE COMPLETE ARSEHOLES !!!!!!!!111
  • Posted

I'm not sure where you live. As bath tub in a American expression, I assume not in the UK. Here in the UK one can buy heat releasing pads to alleviate pain in joints etc. You stick them on the painful area. For myself, some years ago I bought a cushion sized electric blanket made by one of the foremost manufacturers that make bed-sized ones.  you say you get relief in warm bath. I had similar issues with my leg and ankle. I lathered the area with diclofenac based gel, and wrapped the blanket around my leg,  under the bedcovers. It helped me. Hope you get some relief soon 

• Posted

I will check into it..I ended up in the ER last night after I posted...just could not deal , I was prescribed lidocaine patches and naproxen
  • Posted

I am sure that gave you very little relief. Or was it ok?
    • Posted

i would also Just like top say the MODERATORS ON THIS FORM ARE COMPLETE ARSHOLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 
  • Posted

I Have the same problem last 6-6 months. I had MRI done and I need an operation. Doctors told me here in England too but NHS send me an appointment see neurosurgeon at the end of the May. I am lucky I have a doctor friend in Istanbul, Turkey. I send him my MRI results and he showed it to neurosurgeon in his hospital. He said operation too. So i got my appointment with him and going on the 1st of March to have an operation. It is private and it will cost me around thousand pound with accommodation. It is an easy operation. It's called closed operation. They will put a tube on my lower back with microscopic camera and cut of the bulging bit which is touching my nerves to give me pain all the way down to my legs. Operation takes about 45 minutes and I will get up and walk in 3 hours and after 3 days I can even go to work and I work as a security guard. I watch the operation on Youtube. It is quite an easy operation. Hopefully I will be painfree soon. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.