Day 3 on Citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been dealing with lightheadedness for years (off and on) after ER visits and working with a cardiologist, my go finally said he thought it was a physical symptom of anxiety. He prescribed 10mg once a day. I took a full pill on day one, and felt great but still lighthead (I can't explain) reading Google made me anxious about continuing so i have only taken half the pill for the past two days. I still feel slight nauseau, loss of appetite and lightheaded, but its no worse than what I was feeling before. Just wanna know if this helped anyone else with physical anxiety symptoms? I'm trying not to give up, I have a one year old and just wanna be the mom he deserves.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Im on week 6 and pretty much all the physical symptoms have disappeared now.... i would reccomend trying them for 6-8 weeks to see if they help.
    • Posted

Thanks for responding! I can't wait to get over this hump.
  • Posted

Going through the same thing. Lightheaded and dizzy on and off for a few years now. Multiple ER visits. Been on citaloprom for 6 weeks. I do feel relief. However, the first 3 weeks were brutal. Anxiety has gone down. You have to be very very patient. And don't drive yourself crazy. This medicine will talk to ya lol. Just let it happen. Hope nothing but the best. Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks for responding! It really helps to know it has helped someone else. I'm gonna stick to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.