day 3 post operation dressing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I'm day 3 post operation can I ask please when can my little dressings come off?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi , I changed mine on second day after covering them with cling film and having a little shower. Then changed them again on fourth day then took them off ready for stitches coming out on day seven. The one just under and between my breasts was a bad cut and my bra rubbed it so covered it till scab went xx
  • Posted

Thanks Gill will have to send other half to chemist for dressings as wasn't given any
    • Posted

My husband is Red Cross , he said they should get air to them mine healed ok but the one just below my breasts was an awkward cut ? Wasn't as tidy as others and scabbed badly so had a cover on it as bra rubbed it. But all ok now. I was sent out of hospital with dressings   
  • Posted

I am 5 days post op. Dressings can be changed on second day and completely come off on 3rd or 4th day. They should have told you that and given you a change of dressings.

I've changed mine once and am taking them all off tonight when I have a bath.

Hope you continue to improve.

Keep in touch

Love Sarah xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.