day 3 venlafaxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started venlafaxine sun 37.5 twice a day i was ok most of yesterday but then last night i couldnt stop crying. I came off sertraline last wk as it wasnt working. How long does it take to work? Help please x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It takes a few weeks to have full effect, and even then you have to expect ups and down, that's the way it goes. Try to enjoy the better times, and they will gradually come more often.
  • Posted

Your body is now getting used to the Venlafaxine and it is normal to feel worse before you feel better.  Just give your body time to adjust to a different anti depressant.  It will take 6-8 weeks to work, just like when you started the Sertraline.  Also your body is also withdrawing from the Sertraline so it has a lot to contend with at the moment.  Stopping one medication and starting s

another within a few days is not easy.

It will be at least 4-6 weeks before you feel any improvement and could be up to 8 weeks.

• Posted

Yes, Emma, I'm on 225mg venlafaxine a day, I take 75mg in the morning and 150mg at night. But everyone is different, so you might not need that much. I've been on it for 6years & it's worked well for me.
    • Posted

Ive had such a rough time. I was on citalphram for years then it stopped working, then went onto mirtzapine which i only took for two days as i was like a zombie then onto sertraline 50mg for a week then up to 100mg for 4 weeks, totally broke down at the docs last week so he put me on venlafaxine which i started sun. Im off work and have been on and off since dec, im so desperate to get my life bk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.