day 30 fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

where does time go? time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. day 30 already, hard to believe. and sad to say I'm still not "there" yet, where ever that may be I have'nt got there yet! head still spinning but I'm putting that down to the tablets for the labyrinthitis which can (do in my case) cause drowsiness, still same damn headaches every day but I'm tolerating them reasonably well. saw doctor re my flux intake on Friday, 2nd review, seeing him again mid December as to whether I need to go to 40mg, I hope not to be honest. every day life is still a pain I do'nt want to do much at all, having said that if the weather was a bit more favourable I'm sure I'd be more inclined to go walking etc, as it is I do try use my crosstrainer every day if only for 20 minutes. every little helps, sorry tesco pinching your slogan! oh well, go think about some dinner I guess, debating making a curry, yum yum. caio world and anybody else ouy there.....

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

You seem to be doing well, and looks like the worst of the side effects are over.  Personally, if it were me, I'd stay on the you're taking for now - I recovered on 20mg.  When the side effects start to ease you should wait a few more weeks because then you should start to feel slightly better occasionally, until you feel good more and more.

People often up their dose too soon thinking they're not improving, but you have to be so patient on these.  Upping you dose will give you side effects again.

It is hard to get motivated isn't it, especially during the winter months.  Have you thought of getting one of those light boxes (special lights that give off UV), that will help during the winter.  Also Vitamin D3 (the sunshine vitamin) is good.  A little bit of exercise is better than none ....... 

Something I find brilliant, is yoga. It's not energetic, but it's very strenuous, and it's amazing. I feel so relaxed and yet energized after :-)

Curry?  My favourite, and am also cooking one tonight :-) nomnomnom

Enjoy xx

• Posted

hiya Kate, yeah curry is very nom nom is'nt it!! haha. this yoga thing

, does it come in pots in the dairy isle? nice desert wink as it happens I do take a vitamin D supplement every day and have debated getting one of the sun lamp things, just have'nt bothered to actually look yet, just a so very lazy mode at the moment! 

oh cool I've just discovered (by mistake) how to drop the next sentence down on my text, who's a clever boy then. the simple things can give so much pleasure to my simple mind. 

and thanks for the advice regarding stying on 20mg, that's what I was hoping for long term, as I'm sure they have'nt fully worked yet anyway, I'm only 2 days over 4 weeks so potentially the same to go before max benefits, anyway if next 4 weeks go past as quickly it will be here in no time. 

hope your curry was as nice as mine, caio for now, nom nom nom xx

• Posted

Yes thanks, curry was nice, but eaten too much now blurgh!  Haha, no yoga in a pot, thank goodness or I'll eat that too :-)

I've not got a lamp yet, but been thinking about it for ages.

20mg has always worked for me, but know everyone is different.  Amazing how quick the time goes by, though it probably felt like it was dragging at the time.

K x :-)

• Posted

Hi david

Hope the weather is nice up there today making you feel like getting out. I know the feeling not there yet but still hopeful that wont be too much longer. 

Glad youre cooking and enjoyed your curry :-) im dragging my family out for a walk to try lift my mood while suns shining. Hope today is better for you.

Take care

Vix

• Posted

Hiya Vix,

thankyou for your message smile did'nt get any sunshine sadly but it stayed dry so I made the effort and got out for a walk on the shore, and I did enjoy the fresh air to be honest. Also managed to visit my sister for an hour which is a step in the right direction as I have'nt been very sociable recently instead prefering to hide away in the house. Hope you enjoyed your walk also Vix, it's nice that you have family with you.

Caio for now, take care,

David smile

• Posted

Glad you made it out for a walk and to visit your sister, its too easy to hide away I know im doing it lots but do feel better if I push myself to go out.

Hope you feel better for it too, im sure youre sister was pleased to see you.

Here's to better days for us both :-)

Take care

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.