Day 32 and feeling bad again

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was feeling so much better but today I've woken up feeling awful again, is this normal? Also my eyes are covered in eczema!!! Never had skin probs before, anyone else had such a thing? 

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is normal for your mood to be up and down.  Recovery comes in patches so expect some days or weeks feeling good, then maybe some days feeling low.  Slowly the low times will get less and disappear.  It's how it happened for me.

Skin problems ...... make sure it's not something else you've used ie different cream, soap, shampoo etc.  Happened to me when I changed my face cream ... was a few weeks later when I noticed my eyelids were dry and a bit red.  All ok now.

• Posted

Thanks Kate, just needed the reassurance, it's cruel to feel good one minute then yuk the next rolleyes xxx
    • Posted

Hello Marf, I completely understand how you feel. Yesterday for me was like I had my life back! And last night I slept through the whole night without waking up once which I have been doing for over a month since all this happened to me. I had no feelings of anxiety or depression yesterday.

When I woke up this morning without getting up through the night I said to myself I'm finally over this Anxiety and Depression. Then the dreded anxiety in my chest came out of nowhere! I am having anxiety right now! But as beautiful Kate said, it is a up and down thing. As time goes on you WILL get better for good. The fact that you have had all those good days is proof. It's just very scary to feel it come back after feeling good for so long.

And I am starting to remember three years ago when I went through this I would have two or three weeks of feeling good and then I wouldn't feel good for a day or two. But it all worked out and I was fine for 2 years until this recent loss of my 21 year old son.

And for people going through a loss, the meds won't take your grieve away, but it makes it so you can handle it so much better. I can cry now, but the pain is different. It's sad, but I am able to handle it. Where as when the depression and anxiety are there, I can't handle it and feel I am going crazy.

TIME is the answer!!! And God!!!!!

You will get better!!!!

• Posted

Hi Robert

Read your reply l totally understand but they will get better bean there myself over the years have good days and bad found as you said med do help but do my take the grief away time is the heeler and friends these are the greatest heelershow l just lost someone close to me the aniexty is there but l am handling it good days bad keep going your get there

Paul

• Posted

Oh yes, it is cruel.  When you're feeling good everything looks roay and you can see this illness for what it is.  Then you you feel low it all goes out the window again!

It is indeed cruel.

eek

• Posted

Rosy ...... not roay?!
    • Posted

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss .... so very sorry.

I lost my parents 6 years ago, both within weeks of each other.  Yes the meds don't stop you grieving but they help as you say.

When I recovered from my depression-anxiety many years ago the early morning anxiety was the last thing to go.

Time is indeed a healer.  

K x

• Posted

Thank you Kate! I am so sorry for your loss as well! I also lost my mother 3 weeks before my son! God it's hard!!!
    • Posted

Robert thank you so much for replying, I am so sorry you lost your family members, so tragic, big hug xxxx
    • Posted

Robert, that's is so sad.  Am sorry for both your losses.  Yes it is hard, very hard.  Think I cried every day for about a year ..... time is a healer.  I miss them every day but am no longer sad as I once was.

I do feel for you. x

• Posted

Thank you so much Marf!!! You will get better!!! Just have to have faith and don't let the bad days scare you and remember you had good days and will have them again!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.