Day 4 of increased dose ans anxiety hitting me hard.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, just need a little reassurance that this increase in anxiety wont last long. I was doing fairly well, although not quite myself and anxiety started creeping back into my life after 6 months on 10 mg. Started 20mg 4 days ago and have had a few headaches and nausea. today has been rotten. Anxiety worse than ever, and with that I feel as if my chest is so tight. Did anyone else have this feeling qssociated with their anxiety? 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

This happened to me too when I upped my dose. I had one of the worst panic attacks and days ever... but, just remember, it will pass. Find something that gives you comfort and treat yourself with a lot of kindness. 

xx Sending you positive thoughts and healing times. 

• Posted

You are doing well although it might feel it to you. The tablets are a gentle way to alleviate your symptoms. Please give them a little more time x
  • Posted

Hi Lee

unfortunately this is normal when increasing. Promise it won't last too much longer. For me it lasted around 9 days. Then those horrible sensations subsided.

hang in there, try and rest as much as possible xxx

• Posted

Thanks for the replies Ladies.I will hang in, because the alternative is worse! Thanks for your support and encouragement. Much needed st the moment when anxiety gets to me. 
    • Posted

Hey you, you are talking to people who are all going through the same. Keep  going, honestly, once it kicks in you will start to find you! X
    • Posted

Angela, how long did it take for you to feel well Alain? Are you taking 20mg?
    • Posted

I'm taking 20mg and it took about 1 - 2 weeks before I suddenly realised I was feeling better. Thoughts sometimes become habits and it takes a little while to break them. Good luck
    • Posted

Fantastic. I am so glad you are feeling better. You are so right about thoughts becoming habits, I am going to watch out for that. Thanks for the good news smile
  • Posted

Yes lee like the others have mentioned you will feel 10 x better very soon hang in there.try to distract your self from the anxiaty its horrible ocd thoughts. Just a little note if you tried to bring on your anxiaty when you are not having an attack you would find it difficult. Give it a go .try to chase those feelings .it does make you feel that really they are only feelings or thoughts and they really won't hurt you ,only make you feel uncomfortable.

Good look g

• Posted

Thanks for all the support. Going to keep going. I guess I forgot I would have to go through this for a bit all over again. Encouraging to read other people's success stories.it gives me hope x
    • Posted

I personnaly paid I went private and tried hypnotherapy. To be honest I was fantastic and now I am a better person going through all that and come out the other end .made me feel was is important and stuff which can easily be dismissed if you want to .teaches you how to look at things in a different way and how to smile again
    • Posted

Great idea Gwen. Had not thought of that, and so glad it worked for you. I suppose we can't leave everything up to a pill. We have to play a part in getting better too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.